Auburn Avenue to Phoenix park railway station?

Alli

Does anyone know how long the walk is from Auburn Avenue (pecks lane) to phoenix park railway station? And do you have to walk down the N3 or is there a safer route?

Thought Castleknock station would have been closer to pecks lane but it's miles from Castleknock!

Just looking at a house for rent here but would need to be within walking distance of a railway station.

Thanks.

Alli

this site should help

however by my looking at it it seems to be bringing you too far, it has it as a 14 minute walk but looking at the map i reckon it's nearer 10.
i reckon your best bet would be to have a practise walk following this map

Does anyone know how long the walk is from Auburn Avenue (pecks lane) to phoenix park railway station? And do you have to walk down the N3 or is there a safer route?

Thought Castleknock station would have been closer to pecks lane but it's miles from Castleknock!

Just looking at a house for rent here but would need to be within walking distance of a railway station.

Thanks.

Alli

Not named well are they, Phoenix park station is not the nearest to phoenix park, Ashtown is. Castleknock station is nearer Blanchardstown than Castleknock.

I would say both phoenix park railway station are both around 15 mins walk away. There can't be much in the difference. According to Google maps from the center of Auburn Avenue and approx positioning by me, to either station.

Castleknock Station is 1.3 km – about 16 mins (You can cut through the estates)
Phoenix Park Station 1.4 km – about 16 mins

Note it would only take you 30 mins to cycle into City Center if thats where you are going.

I must admit to be a great fan of the 38! Missed the 38A this am and got the 8.30 38 at 8.42 in Blanchardstown and was on Auburn Ave at 8.51 and in town at 9.04!

wow amtc - the bus had you in that fast? I thought trains were quicker! Good to know.

Alli

I must admit to be a great fan of the 38! Missed the 38A this am and got the 8.30 38 at 8.42 in Blanchardstown and was on Auburn Ave at 8.51 and in town at 9.04!

I'd be hard pushed to beat that in the car, with a clear run, and no stops.

I find it hard to believe that would be an average journey time. Considering it can take 5 or 10 mins just to get get though some of the junctions on a busy day. But hands up I haven't got the bus recently so maybe its vastly improved these days.

No it's great. I generally get the 8Am 38A (that gets to where I am at 8.15) and in town by 8.37-8.42.

Drove yesterday...in not too bad but home was a nightmare on the N3 c 6pm!

Am you get a seat, whereas trains are jammed. Also bus stops right outside work

The 38 is not that great. I have taken this bus for the past 6 years or so in to town and sometimes you can get caught up in Blanchardstown/Castleknock for up to 45 minutes. It's not too bad at the moment because of the lighter traffic but during full school term it's slow enough. The 38a is better as you avoid Blanchardstown and Castleknock (but then you avoid Auburn ave. aswell so maybe not that useful!). It would be incredibly rare to get the 8.30 38 and end up in town for 9.04. This is not a usual case by any means so you'd need to be aware of this.

I knew we've had this conversation before...

I've posted here before about commuting into the city centre from Blanchardstown. Driving's not really an option, and the bus can take forever...

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=580243#post580243

I think theres another thread somewhere too. In fairness I have heard that the 38 can be quick at times, from other people too. I just don't imagine its that consistent. I don't get it myself. I get the train some of the time, which is a bit jammed most of the time, or drive but not at peak hours. I started cycling last year and its definately the most consistent and pleasent way to get into town from Castleknock. If you are able for it. As an unfit person I found it surprisingly managable.

No I take back my earlier comments. I try not to get a 38 (but the OP would avoid the main bottleneck that is the getting to Auburn Ave!) but the 38A is a great service.

Depends on where you are along Pecks Lane- as it stretches all the way up to Castleknock road between castleknock village and phoenix park--Its very possible that you can get onto footpath towards city via a short at the petrol garage, but it has got to be at least 15 mins walk from Pecks Lane to Castleknock station. Maybe you could think of cycling to the station?

Back