Attic work advice (also looking for recommendations)

Michael_t

Registered User
Messages
9
Hi all. Looking to carry out some work on the attic to improve it as a storage space only (so not looking to convert it into a living space). It's a small enough space and requires repairs to the party walls, fireproofing to both walls, maybe some additional bracing and roof collars and topping up some insulation as the previous job missed a few spots.

Is there a tradesperson who would cover all of the above? Do I look for a builder, carpenter or roofer?

I looked up some of the more well known attic conversion companies in Dublin and they look to do just that - attic conversions. So I doubt the above would be worth their while. Any recommendations for a builder/carpenter/roofer who covers Dublin and maybe has experience with older houses?

Thanks.
 
I used these guys, insulation, flooring, shelving and a wooden ladder.
They were with me 5 years ago now so not sure if they're still in business but I would highly recommend them if they were.

(his nephew also installs floors, he has done two properties for me if you ever need a floor person!)

https://www.atticfloorsandladders.ie/contact/
 
Thanks, Sarah. I'll check them out. Open to any other recommendations also or even some pointers in terms of the type of tradesperson that would cover all these areas. I don't know if fireproofing is something builders/carpenters/roofers do.
 
Back
Top