Attic conversion costs?

Did you go via an attic specialist or general builder? I am interested if you can share name as this is similar to what I want to do (dormer rear/side).

Did this also include costs of drawings and planning application?
He's a general builder but I know his work and he's done stuff for me in the past. I trust him completely. I don't want to mention his name here without his permission.

His cost does not include the design, drawings, planning etc. We've an Architect, QS, interior designer and engineer on the project as well. The whole thing is costing around €550k. We're turning a 4 bedroom house into a 6 bedroom house and adding a little over 100 square metres in total.
 
Can anyone recommend a good attic conversion company please? We are getting varying quotes and looking to get a reliable company. Based in Dublin
Thanks :)
 
Last edited:
Dear All,

I have just got planning permission from Dublin City Council for a first floor dormer attic extension onto the rear of the bungalow. It's for a bedroom only with a WC included, no ensuite.

Recommendations as to price and builder(s) would be very welcome
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dear All,

I have just got planning permission from Dublin City Council for a first floor dormer attic extension onto the rear of the bungalow. It's for a bedroom only with a WC included, no ensuite.

Recommendations as to price and builder(s) would be very welcome and you can PM me.
Just a note that dormers to rear much larger than planning was normally given for have now been made exempt from planning, it might be worth looking at the design again to make sure you are getting the most space available. You can go full width, 20cm from eaves and ridge height.

keeping a bathroom seperate is the better design, it acts as an ensuite anyway for someone sleeping it new attic space but can be used by others also when required. Squeezing in a shower somehow is the key thing.
 
Back
Top