ATM retained my card. Bank charges for replacement.

fatboyPee

Hello.

This is more a rhetorical rant in a way (so feel free to stop reading here :)) but does raise some questions that I would appreciate some opinion on?

I used my card in an ATM for a bank (who shall remain nameless) and to my surprise the ATM retained the card citing "unauthorised use". I raised the question on social media and was advised by the bank (who shall remain nameless) to request a replacement card.

So I called my bank and they advised there were no issues with the card, they could see the transaction request and there was no reason to deny it (funds in the account, etc etc).

Subsequently, my bank has legitimately (in my mind) charged me for a card replacement. So having been rather dissatisfied with the initial response by representatives of the nameless bank I got onto them again asking for a method of reparation.

All they would offer me was a suggestion to make a complaint to MY bank to see if it was POSSIBLE to get a refund and to feel free to lodge a complaint "as feedback" about my card being retained in the first place.

Explaining that these options were not acceptable and that I wanted a route to reparation through the organisation that was the cause of me being out of pocket, I am getting nowhere.

Of course I'll go back through my bank and have also lodged a complaint with the nameless bank but the utter naked ambivalence of the agents of the nameless bank when requesting reparation and lack of any route of complaint if I'm not a customer of the bank I find amazing.

Yeah, I know, my bank charged me, and in all likelihood if I make the complaint its entirely possible I will get the charge reversed. I simply don't see why I should have to tho..

Back