ATM did not deliver!

Mammysboy

Hi,

Who should one contact if while using an ATM, the cash was not delivered but my account has been debited? I am with AIB.

Thanks,
Mammysboy

If it was me then I'd contact my own bank as a matter of urgency with details of the incident (e.g. time, amount, location of ATM etc.).

Do as Clubman says. It happened to me once at a BOI ATM machine with the receipt saying I had made the withdrawal at 9.0 pm - everything was right on the receipt but the cash was never dispensed . I checked my account online an hour later and the situation had been rectified.

I worked in a bank and delt with ATMs. You have to report the incident to your own branch, it may be the case that the money came out and has automatically been relogged to your account, if not and you have been debted, your branch will than contact the branch that the ATM belongs to. The ATM will then be balanced (this is done every week) it should be over by the amount you tried to withdraw. It can take a few weeks for your account to be rectified

mind you most of these machines dont seem to give receipts at all these days ..wonder what would happen if there was a dispute?

AIB machines sem to be permanently unable to print receipts. Obviously nobody could be bothered to fill them with paper.

A receipt in these circumstances would not prove that you got the money. The bank really needs to check the 'log' of the machine as that shows any discrepancy between the money left in the machine & what should be there i.e. if there is too little or too much.

Also, IMHO, the environmental effects of not having machines print receipts far outweighs the lack of availability of them. And as I said, the receipts don't prove anything.

Last edited:
Thanks. I have contacted my branch. They will send me a form which on return they check the balance of the ATM in question. Hopefully, I'll get have a credit applied...

Thanks,
Mammysboy

Back