ATM card skimmed

I always try and use them in garages and local supermarkets to be on the safe side. as stated before the laser cards are great my bank card has the laser built in

What does one of these facias look like e.g. the screen would look deeper than usual? Any tell-tale things to look for?

Itchy said:
What does one of these facias look like e.g. the screen would look deeper than usual? Any tell-tale things to look for?

Very difficult to notice any differences. All the extra bits placed on the machine are spray painted the same colour. There is a poster up in my local Bank of Ireland with pictures of cameras and skimming devices added to the ATM machine. The best advice is to examine the ATM machine for anything that looks dodgy and ALWAYS cover your hand when keying in the pin no.

20 TIps for safe ATM use.
http://www.arrowheadcu.org/index.cfm?Parent=ArrowheadCreditUnion&Category=FraudProtection&SubCategory=TwentyTipsforSafeATMUse

there was some talk about this issue this morning on the radio. i am getting more and more afraid to use my card in an atm machine and that is on top of worrying about dishonest retailers.

Alex.

Back