Assistance with my Mum's state pension application

It is unlikely that a company would keep records going back 45 years. They'd all be in paper format and take up a huge amount of space. You can imagine the condition they would be in even if they did. Blank pages with yellow stains. It would be unlikely that they transferred them to digital copies as there would have been no need to.

Your best bet is the dept of welfare and get them to complete their record search going back to the 70's. They have to keep records of people's PRSI contributions, so they will have transferred the records to digital copies.
Yep that’s the plan they are just being extremely slow about it !

Just wondering have you, out of curiosity, and printed off her records just in case any changes have been made since last year.
im not sure if she has one, but will check, she has been in communication with the revenue every month since and they reply that there is no update so i assume there wont be any new info on there?

@Blackrock1

I'm presuming you mean Dept. of Social Protection as surely they are the people checking out her pension and contributions rather than Revenue?

I mentioned it just in case the information there might have changed since she first asked. Its so simple to set up an account with full access and print off the information there so nothing to lose.

@Blackrock1

I'm presuming you mean Dept. of Social Protection as surely they are the people checking out her pension and contributions rather than Revenue?

I mentioned it just in case the information there might have changed since she first asked. Its so simple to set up an account with full access and print off the information there so nothing to lose.
sorry yes that is correct (i am relaying this second hand mostly!)

@Blackrock1 , Hi that company is 40 years old and if I remember it's up by the Airport Road, not far from the Musgraves Cash and Carry.

Theres no way that they only have 9 years records, they were involved with Musgraves but I can't remember might have been packaging from when Supervalu, Centra etc were being supplied from Cork.

Believe me I know of companies in Cork that have records going back 100 years, obviously not on site but archived .

Best of luck a letter won't go astray and with 3 Government ministers in the constituency surely you're going to be find something out.

we appear to have made a little progress on this and someone from social welfare is meeting with her next week to try progress things but can anyone explain to me what reckonable credited contributions mean as they dont seem to count to her total but she has 50 of them. in one year she has reckonable paid 7 and reckonable credited 44 but its only the 7 that is counted in her total.

we appear to have made a little progress on this and someone from social welfare is meeting with her next week to try progress things but can anyone explain to me what reckonable credited contributions mean as they dont seem to count to her total but she has 50 of them. in one year she has reckonable paid 7 and reckonable credited 44 but its only the 7 that is counted in her total.

Maybe her reckonable credits already exceed the maximum allowed?

The first hurdle is getting the 520 paid contributions. Credits won't be considered until this figure is reached. Reckonable credits don't count towards the 520 minimum, but can be included once that threshold is reached to calculate the amount of pension due.

A credit is granted when a person signs on, claims illness benefit, etc.

Back