asking price offered but no decision from buyer

Hi Mercman - I think that houses that are unusual and rarely come on the market do hold their value to an extent. However, I don't know if the house would still get the same price now (and suspect it wouldn't). We have not yet purchased - we got our mortgage approval renewed last October and I know this needs to be renewed again but I suppose that the banks will be unwilling to lend us as much now as they would have 6 months ago. Therefore we could not bid the same amount - so unless the agents were to drop the price we couldn't bid on it now.

Why set an asking price that you're not willing to accept?

Same reason as most others in property selling, people see it as a sales tactic.

Deefox, that was last summer. At that time most people were in denial that the market was slipping. Do you think the same property would sell at a premium now ??
I don't think buyers were in denial, the press were already on the case and the doom and gloom was being well and truly preached, there are instances in any market where properties will go above asking.

A sure sign of a "messer". Walk away and find a serious seller.
Surely they don't qualify for a 'messer' tag purely because they haven't accepted an offer? If they were to get another €5k by waiting wouldn't they have been foolish to accept the first one.

Hi Mercman - I think that houses that are unusual and rarely come on the market do hold their value to an extent.

DeeFox, take the French Embassy property on Ailesbury Road. Probably the finest City House in the Country, For months, on the market 'For Tender', didn't sell and still for sale. In fact they have two properties on the market. This makes one think as to how serious mattrs have become.

Hi! everyone, thaks for replies. Latest news. Vendor not yet accepting offer, due to house being so new on the market. Confident that it will sell for a little above asking price. Friend said she was actively looking at other properties, so no deadline, but she has gone off the idea of this house a bit, especially since there has been no conclusion yet in relation to the fire in the school behind this housel, i.e. was it accident or arson.

Back