Askaboutmoney Xmas pint Friday 9th October...

Ironically I'm coming to Ireland next week, will be in Dublin on Sunday the 18th staying at the airport to catch a flight out, sorry I've never been able to make it to any of these ............

But for the first time in a very long time I’ll be in Ireland for Christmas….
 
I will admit I had to put your response into Chat GPT to understand what it meant.

Un mariage fait au ciel is a claim seldom made except by Tolstoy's dowagers or by sycophantic "journalists" in Paris Match magazine.

In today's world, couples might well forget even the day of the week they're in with the stress of paying the mortgage, making ends meet, praying their job will hold up, their health holds up, the kids will stay level, etc, etc. Maybe getting through that with a dash of humour is what a heaven-made marriage means in Ireland 2026.

But the point is that such judgements are for others around us to say, not ourselves.
 
In today's world, couples might well forget even the day of the week they're in with the stress of paying the mortgage, making ends meet, praying their job will hold up, their health holds up, the kids will stay level, etc, etc. Maybe getting through that with a dash of humour is what a heaven-made marriage means in Ireland 2026.
Heaven, doesn't equal perfection or immunity to what life throws at you darling.
 
Well lads that was great craic I’d share some of the classic moments but honestly none of it is fit for publication
 
Back
Top