Ask Me Anything....

If you were to invest your own pension into an ARF what fund(s) would you put the money into?
 
If you were to invest your own pension into an ARF what fund(s) would you put the money into?

I know nothing about you and you know nothing about me. ARF wouldn't be my only retirement asset so simply jusy saying XYZ Fund/s would be very irresponsible of me on a forum like this. It's likely that I won't have to move to a post-retirement product until I'm forced to do so @ 75 and that would probably influence the decision too. Likely that we'll just have Vested-PRSAs at that stage.
 
Why are there so few low-cost execution-only brokers?

I'd say the main one is - Doing The Math - It's such a risky long play on critical mass, B/E and profitability. And the market is tiny.

Some will do it on an incidental basis and cherry pick specific large cases. Go to them with an ARF of €20,000, a €100pm PRSA or Savings Plan or lump sum of €5,000 and they'll most likely fob you off.

All advisors (and 99.5% of product provider employees) firmly believe that everyone needs advice. But, if you only live in AAM/Reddit world you'll not understand that.
 
Last edited:
Ger,

What are the charges for an investment only bond of, say, 800k invested in an all-equity fund? Ideally, if you could advise the life assurance company charge and your fee? Also, is the 1% levy payable?
 
For a Zurich ARF, 100% in blackrock indexed global equity, initial premium of €650k, what allocation and trail would I be looking at?
 
For a Zurich ARF, 100% in blackrock indexed global equity, initial premium of €650k, what allocation and trail would I be looking at?

The most honest and fairest way to find this out, if you're genuinely buying an ARF in the next few weeks, is to contact the intermediary that you want to buy the product from. It might depend on your age, whether you're an existing customer or you may also be in the market for a lump sum product and look for a quote on a bulk buy etc. There may be just 3/4 intermediaries who roll up the sleeves and answer question for folk on here but there are many (many) multiples of that that are registered users who are lurkers and I'd be mad to disclose pricing at that level.

No way I had you down as someone who is that close to retirement and your posts would suggest a stong bias towards a different provider/fund manager so not sure why you'd even consider an alternative.

Highly unlikey that you'd have trail on that contract but, as a matter of interest, what would you expect the AMC to be? Pretty sure you said you have a QFA qualification so I'd say you have a fair idea anyway :-)
 
No way I had you down as someone who is that close to retirement
You got me ;)

I just wanted to show a post that met the requirements for execution only: potential customer knows the provider, product and fund they want to purchase.

It's been a while since I looked at pricing (happy with what I've got), so I may be wildly wrong with expecting around 0.8%-0.9% on this.
 
@GSheehy is it possible for a parent to set up a prsa for a 17yr old kid still in education and put the annual 3k small gift exemption into it using your services
 
Red flag:

We cannot apply a payment to a pension unless we have confirmation on file that the funds being invested in the policy are the policy owner’s own funds.
 
We cannot apply a payment to a pension unless we have confirmation on file that the funds being invested in the policy are the policy owner’s own funds.
Sorry I missed this response thanks.

At what age can you set up a PRSA?
 
18

Your questions are more suited to the general pension forum. They're not really EO specific.
 
Last edited:
Again, a question that's not EO specific and more suited to the general pensions forum.

75.
 
I invested in an EO AVC last year. What sense check should I make to reassure myself that I didn't miss anything that an advisor would have helped with.
 
Back
Top