Artane

tictac

Just bought our first home in Artane. We are not from Dublin originally so we are not that familiar with the area, anyone like to comment??

Hi

A bit late to ask for comments, if youve just bought it don't you think ;)

Generally, the area is good I think - mature, close to the city centre, good bus routes & amenities

Good luck with the new home :)

Cheers

G>

really nice area think the houses are expensive doh

Probably is a bit late alright!!! Well, its still only sale agreed but we are happy to go ahead with it as long as the surveys are ok. Its McAuley Park so its really close to the dart

Yes i know that area very well McAuley park its very nice area. its quiet and your close to the dart and buses to town which is a plus. Think they have nice big back gardens on that road loadsa room to extend the house on the back. Congratulations hope you have loads of luck in your new home

don't mind me asking but what price region are those houses going for we are looking in that area but there seems to be a big demand on that area the houses are just snapped up

Well, there are not many houses for sale in the area so demand is high, we first started looking in Donnycarney/Killester area but were out bidded time and time again (we are first time buyers) so we decided to look a bit further out.

From looking at myhome.ie and seeing a few houses in the area there are only a handfull in the area under the stamp duty level. Alot of houses are around €350 + price. We got ours for under the stamp duty

we are having the same problem ourselves been out bidded time and time again and the prices just seem to be goin up and up we are also trying to stay under the 1st time buyers but dont think we will get to do that. You are very Lucky to get a house in artane under the stamp duty price .

hopefully we will have our turn soon

So when do you think you will be moving in do you have to wait for them to get a house now.

Moving in about 5 weeks I think, the house is not occupied so that makes things faster!

Good luck in your bidding, I know its disappointing and stressfull, we had a hard time of it to! Glad its over to be honest!

tell me about it one minute we think we have it then we are out bidded its a nightmare i feel like given up sometimes.

thats great its not occupied wont be long now.

best of luck with it

HAVE TO TELL YOU TICTAC McCAULEY PARK WAS A MUCH BETTER CHOICE THAN DONNYCARNEY ITS A VERY SOUTH AFTER ESTATE YOU WERE VERY LUCKY TO GET IT UNDER THE STAMP DUTY PRICE BECAUSE THERE IS SO MANY PEOPLE WAITING TO GET A HOUSE AROUND THERE AND YOUR CLOSE TO LOADS ITS GREAT GETTING A HOUSE SO CLOSE TO THE DART ITS ONLY UP THE ROAD SO HANDY TO HOPE ONTO IT IN TO TOWN OR OUT TO HOWTH ETC

BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR NEW HOME
PAUL

hi Paul,

Thanks for that, just one question, Is there any reason you would say its better than Donnycarney?

Tictac,

No Reason At All I Just Think It Is A Much Nicer Area

Paul

Ok, Thanks again, I am feeling a lot better about it all now. When we went sale agreed we kind of though, crap, we dont really know the area at all! I think your right though, it is nicer than Donnycarney, a lot greener and more space, plus the house is bigger than any we viewed in Donnycarney. i wonder why Donnycarney is so popular??

Ah You Have Nothing To Worry About Tictac I Think You Made The Right Choice. And The Bigger House Is A Plus

Artane is a lovely area. There are some great schools close by, transport links are excellent & most of the houses in the area are quite mature and suited to extending because the standard garden is quite big.
My grandparents have lived in Artane for over 55 years, and the community spirit and support is brilliant and touching.
HTH

Back