Arrears on Loan, account suspended?

T

TW13

I've run into arrears on my loan and have been back and forth with bank paying off arrears/missing payments... Got a letter over xmas saying they'd close all my accounts/loan and send debt collectors to get the money.

Well i've been paying back the loan but found that my account was locked or suspended today... I've wages due in Thurs. and was wondering can they just keep everything or do I have a right to the money? cheers

I can't imagine so, is your salary is paid directly into a current account? you need to check immediately with the bank if they have closed this account, if they have your salary will be returned to your Employer and though its messy you will have to be paid by cheque by them after they receive confirmation (I imagine their payroll file has already gone to their bank at this stage so its too late to make any changes to the beneficiary account / bank)

Have you made an appointment with MABS? if its gone to the stage of account closure you may need the intervention of an organisation like theirs to help get you on track

Good luck

Back