Argus Furniture

B

Bildabulda

Has anyone ever bought furniture from Argus?

I am thinking of buying a suite of furniture for a Holiday home I plan to rent for a few weeks a year.

Am I better paying more at the usual local Furniture store or opting for a cheaper suite from Argus

Rgds

Billy

buying from argos

I bought a bed early last August (last year). Promised 2 weeks delivery. Got the first part of it late september. got the last part week before xmas. 54 phone calls, threatened legal action, shouting match with manager in argos in square, lied to on phone by call centre manager in england, woken at 6:50am one morning with one delivery. Bed was 700 euro, got a 40e recompense cheque off them as a "sorry" as it had been their fault.
The bed is now fine but heres the warning. Ring them if theyre a day late wiht delivery, write down every name you talk to, the dates and times and everything they say to you on the phone. Only for I did I would have been lost as on about phone call 30, Id talked to a guy one day and he denied ever talking to me the next, I spoofed him that him I recorded our conversation the day before and the one we were having now and would he like me to play both back to his manager. He quickly remembered.

Re: buying from argos

Still stand by my previous recommendations for Argos.
No probs with the stuff I've bought off them (so far).
The "14 day return" is excellent but if it's for a Holiday Home, probably not much use.
At least if you didn't like the look of it, you could always get them to come out and collect it and get your money back.

Do Argos deliver on Saturdays or are they still doing that "We'll deliver at a time suitable to us and you have to be there or else you wont get it on time"?

Bought a cheapo double bed in Argos for the spare room. They said 7 weeks for delivery and it arrived last week 6 weeks later so reliable enough.

Only now wish I'd gone for a more expensive mattress as the one I got is too soft - doesn't really matter because I won't be sleeping on it!

Bought a bed about two weeks ago from Argos. It arrived yesterday. So, from my point of view no problems at all with delivery.
I only spent E225 on it. Wasn't sure about the mattresses in Argos so am going to source it elsewhere.
I was surprised at the quality of the wood though. Better than I'd expected. Scandanavian pine. It looks very nice (albeit) in about 500 pieces. I really wish I'd played with mechano more as a child.

I now have visions of that Simpsons episode where Homer creates the angry art after trying to put a BBQ together!!

Back