Argos flat pack wardrobe

I got two sets of chest of drawers when I was a poor student (not I am a poor worker)

They were grand, instructions easy and fairly fast to do.

As long as ya get all the parts!

I've used them in the past and they are a doddle to put together.

Resign yourself to the fact that you will never, EVER, disassemble and move them, and despite what the instructions say, use wood-glue on all the joints.

I've used them in the past and they are a doddle to put together.

Resign yourself to the fact that you will never, EVER, disassemble and move them, and despite what the instructions say, use wood-glue on all the joints.

does the glue come with it?

Also - do the wardrobes look ok ? or do they look really cheap?

Totally depends on what model you buy in my experience. I bought a bedside drawer thing and it looks pretty awful and is wobbly, but then bought a higher end wardrobe and it looks super and is pretty sturdy. It took my b/f a fair while to put together though, and he was an engineer and pretty handy with the carpentry and such like. Granted it was in an awkward space in that he had to put it together in situ in a smallish bedroom with no room to lay it all out flat, but it took him 4-5 hours with much cursing and swearing (and a bit of "why in the name of god did you buy this?") but it all came together really well and he was pleased with it (as was I, natch!) Agree with previous poster though - it'll go with the house if I sell - can't face taking it all apart again. Have to mention that I was the one that put the bedside thing together so it's possible that it was "user error" on my part.

Sprite

p.s. we got a little thingy of glue with it but it's worth having some of that "no more nails" handy too

Last edited:

No glue supplied usually, get a small green, square-ish container of EvoStik Woodglue from Woodies, B&Q, etc.

They look OK, not high-end mind you, but must be built and left in-situ.

With any of the flat pack stuff that I've ever put together over the years (for myself and others) I've always used my own glue, hex keys and often popped in a few extra screws as well. A speedclamp and cordless drill/ driver comes into its own for some assembly. Most of the Argos stuff is fine for what you pay.

1. If it's big get somebody to hold any upright panels for you. The securing studs wont hold it and if it falls it will take bits if the wardrobe with it.

2. Use bog standard wood glue. No need for extra screws or expensive glue. Once together they wont come apart.

3. It is usually easy to take apart flat pack stuff (even with glued dowels). Have done it with 2 flat pack's in the kids rooms.

Enjoy it. It's like a jigsaw for grown ups!

Back