Argos Debit Credit Card Goods not Delivered

roker

I purchased a settee from Argos who said that there is up to 28 days delivery from the UK.
I have been billed on my credit card for this €529 but have not yet received the settee. Should I stop the payment with the credit card company as Agos should not have charged us yet?

I would say a good percentage of times goods ordered on credit cards the money is taken from the card straight away, I know in our company when we sell goods the money comes off the customers card that night.

Most reputable firms only charge the card once the goods ship (apple, amazon, etc) I no longer do business with cowboys who charge when taking the order even if the item is back-ordered.

That seems to be standard procedure for Argos - I bought furniture from there a few years ago, was charged straightaway, but had to wait months for delivery as there was some problem with the quality of the couch. I have to say, it never occurred to me that they maybe shouldn't have charged my card until the furniture was ready to ship.

Back