ARF'S or PRSA'S

D

Des

Hi,
I am taking early retirement soon and I have some AVC'S to invest. I have been with the company 21 years and have been in the co pension plan for most of this time. I started making AVC contributions about 12 years ago. I am 50.

I can take a certain % of the AVC'S in a lump sum tax free. I have received some advice from brokers but I'm very confused. In my circumstances which is the best an ARF or a PRSA ? Should I invest the whole AVC amount in the relevant fund or should I take out the lump sum and invest it separately?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think that there's any easy answer to your queries particularly without more detailed information about your overall personal/financial circumstances.

> I have received some advice from brokers but I'm very confused

Don't expect independent, professional advice from anybody other than a suitable Authorised Advisor or perhaps a good multi agency intermediary. Certainly not from a tied agent or anybody else with a vested interest in selling you one product over another that may sway them unduly from giving truly independent advice.

Back