ARFs and Lump Sums and inflation.

Doninga

I will retire shortly with a defined benefit pension as my main income.
In addition I will have €125k to purchase an ARF & savings/lump sum of €200k to invest.
Has anyone any suggestions as to the best options for these 2 sums.
My main concern is to preserve purchasing power as much as possible.

Talk to a financial advisor, it’s important that someone looks at the full picture.

There are lots of options available to you. The important thing to do is to take a long term view of your investment. If you invest this year, there is a very good chance that your money will fall in value. and it may be down in value after a year too. But will it be down in value after 10 years? Unlikely and even less so after 15 years.

If you have a good DB pension, this will take care of most of your expenses without having to worry about the markets, so you have a good base to start with and can then invest with a level of security.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

There are a lot of issues that need to be considered before anyone can give you meaningful advice as to what financial product is suitable for your particular circumstances. Have a look here on Askaboutmoney for the Money Makeover forum. There's a template there that you can use to provide the sort of detail that would be required to give you good advice.

Back