area 10 cork county council: specifically whitegate or midleton.

carrighead

Hi has anyone had interviews or been offered houses for area 10 from the cork county council - specifically whitegate or midleton. is there much interest in these areas?

Re: area 10 cork county council

yes its for the affordable housing, i rang the council yesterday and they were very helpful, we have an interview on thursday for cobh but we really want midleton or whitegate so hopefully we'll get something. thanks for your reply.

hi carrighead, did you put cobh as one of your prefered areas as a matter of interest, i rang county concil alright a few weeks back and they said once all the aplications were processed cobh and crosshaven would be first to be allocated, my prefered area is Glanmire so could be another few months before they allocate those houses.

hi, yep, unfortunately we put down one estate from cobh - tir chluain, we should not have ticked that box as the hauwbowline news came out the next day.

when i went in to hand in some documents i asked them how long it would take to start allocating and they said 2 months (from july) and that they would be starting with the midleton/cobh area. they also said that they would be allocating the rest around christmas time.

hope you get glanmire, its a really nice area

cheers carrighead, you said earliar you have an interview thursday for Cobh would you not just specify that you would rather midelton due to work or family resons, i ticked Grenagh on my application, but to be honest i felt kind of pressured into adding another area as the application stated it was better not to limit yourself to one place, even though there is just one area i want which is Glanmire, i did, however, send them a letter stating this because i know i would have possibly found myself in a situation like yourself.

Good luck in the interview!

Back