Are the banks actually giving out money - IN MY CASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the comment from the guy who was on 26,000 coming out of college 20 years ago, would love to know who you were working for!!!!!!!!!

15 years ago. Mars....and not the plant.... I am quite suprised how low your starting salary is tbh. Starting salaries vary from £14-£39k in the UK last year. This conversation is getting vulgar so i'll stop.

I was pointing out that the property could be bought at a great price. I'm saying he won't make gains if he doesn't purchase, I'm not saying he won't be taking a risk either.
People have no problem in advising people to sit tight when they no little or nothing about the property or circumstance.
I criticise those who don't allow for positives in any form. There is no 100% take on the market because as I'm sure you are aware there are bargains to be found and prices are different all over the country so it is not possible to take a blanket approach to the property market. If I am right how does my advice appear reckless?

Advising caution is not reckless. Advising speculation is. You never once mentioned risk in your original post by the way. You advised speculation without mentioning risk. That is reckless. I have no problem with people who advise caution without knowing all the circumstances. If a poster takes their advice they may lose out on gains but they will not suffer losses either. On the other hand if a poster follows takes advice given without knowing all the circumstances and speculates they stand to lose a great deal. There is a world of difference.

I don't know what you mean by 'those who won't allow positives in any form'. Who are these people? And how exactly does one 'not allow' a positive? And what is a 'positive'? How can an outlook (which is what 'positive' is) take a form of any kind? Your communication is careless and so is the advice you are giving. It cannot be otherwise when you advise a complete stranger to speculate and don't even use the word risk in your advice to him.

Thread closed. Discussion of the future direction of Irish house prices is still forbidden by the posting guidelines. Nothing new is being said here, and the OP's question has been answered.

There will be bannings if this thread is restarted.

MugsGame (moderator)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back