Are taxis and/or Nitelink operating at night this week

Ceist Beag

We're due to head into Dublin city center on Saturday night for dinner and drinks but the last thing we want is to be stuck in town with no way home! Does anyone know if the taxis are operating the last few nights and/or if the Nitelink is operating? I had a look on DublinBus.ie but they don't seem to make any specific mention of the Nitelink.

Was in Dublin city centre last saturday when the first major snow hit. I went to get the 3 am night link and there was no sign of the buses nor anyone from Dublin bus with info. I later found out they had sent the buses home at 2 am or before. The roads last week werent that bad at the time so you would have assumed the taxi drivers, who all say they cant make a livin these days, would have been out cleaning up! Well it was like Dublin of 10-12 years ago. I couldnt get a taxi and ended up walking home like a lot of people.

In short I wouldnt bother headin into the city this weekend.

Agree with above poster. The N/L dont run during the week so its hard to know if they'd be running these nights (usually they running midweek in December but havent yet as far as I know). However based on the fact that there is very limited daytime buses and taxis, nighttime ones are a very rare sight at the moment. Our xmas party is on tonight and loads have booked hotels rather than trying to get home......

NRC are taking telephone bookings from anyone with accounts with them for night time.

I think a lot of taxis were caught on the hop last Saturday night because of the weather. I suspect they will be out in force from now till Christmas. But if the weather is too bad then even they may have to call a halt. I suggest you make your way in early and make a call at the time whether you should stay out late or not. The trains/Dart/Luas are generally OK all week.

Second NRC, National Radio Cabs. Started using them after hearing their funny ads. Much more reliable than my local company in fairness to them.

Thanks all. I think it sounds like the best plan is to head in early and be ahead of the rush getting back out of town!

All week buses have finished and 8/9pm. Given the conditions today, it's unklikely that there will be any nitelinks running.

People won't bring their own cars out but yet expect taxi's to be at their beck and call..strange logic that.:confused:

Just heard on RTÉ radio that the nitelink will not run tonight (Fri) or tomorrow night (Sat).

People won't bring their own cars out but yet expect taxi's to be at their beck and call..strange logic that.:confused:
No-one has stated that they expect taxi's to be at their beck & call so far in this thread, though, seeing as they don't provide a free service, plus the fact that 8 out of 10 taxi drivers seem to spend the entire journey complaining about how hard they find it to make ends meet since immigration, when they paid a fortune for their plate just before deregulation, back in the old days etc etc...it might be prudent for a few of them to brave the elements to make some money for a change.....

Was in Dublin city centre last saturday when the first major snow hit. I went to get the 3 am night link and there was no sign of the buses nor anyone from Dublin bus with info. I later found out they had sent the buses home at 2 am or before. The roads last week werent that bad at the time so you would have assumed the taxi drivers, who all say they cant make a livin these days, would have been out cleaning up!

No-one has stated that they expect taxi's to be at their beck & call so far in this thread, though, seeing as they don't provide a free service, plus the fact that 8 out of 10 taxi drivers seem to spend the entire journey complaining about how hard they find it to make ends meet since immigration, when they paid a fortune for their plate just before deregulation, back in the old days etc etc...it might be prudent for a few of them to brave the elements to make some money for a change.....
I think they have, Papercut. But listen to yoruselves. Would you risk your liveliehood last weekend? What about Health and safety of pssenergs and drivers? Would you expect Dublin Bus to have a man toddle out to every N/L stop to 'inform' people of something they could logically work out for themselves? This country has really lost all sense of reality.

Back