Are pubs still required to display the price of their drink?

Odea

Are pubs still required to display price lists in a prominent position in their premises. I have been in a couple of pubs in Blackrock Dublin over the past couple of weeks and neither had any price lists. Neither was I handed receipts when I paid.

Well the two pubs I visited do not have this information displayed. Does the CCPC have any clout?

Most likely they have notices in some cubbyhole. A lot of Dublin pubs do. Wetherspoons are the only ones I can think of who always have prices written clearly on or beside their taps.

Last edited:
"A 16 item list of prices needs to be displayed prominently either inside or directly outside the entrance of the premises. The following is a list of 16 items that need to be displayed by publicans to comply with the order:"

The above is what the order says. Too many pubs not doing it. Is anybody following up on this? Probably not, that is why they are getting away with it.
My experience is is that you order a pint, are asked for a sum of money, no receipt given, no price list.

If there was an real concern for consumers, a full up to date price list would have to be displayed outside ever door to ever pub in the country, so we could be made aware of all prices before we go in the door.

Back