Are David Quinn, John Waters and Kevin Myers Mad or are they just wind up artists?

ccbkd

Are David Quinn, John Waters and Kevin Myers Mad or are they just wind up artists- the truth I feel is somewhere in between!

Myers definitely is.
Eamonn Dunphy is the biggest one of the lot and has made a very succesful career out of it.

They thrive on attention seeking headlines and I really don't have any interest in what they write. I rarely read newspapers at all these days tbh - internet does me fine !

Irish liberals (now there's an oxymoron :cool: ) don't like hearing dissenting voices.

If you stick to RTE, you most certainly won't have to worry too much about seeing or hearing any of those gents.

They're not all liberal or leftist. During the extensive coverage of Roman Catholic church child abuse the offending priests were always referred to as "Father" rather than "an RC priest named Joe Bloggs"

The leading print media is a case in point - The Irish Times' Lara Marlowe could be mistaken as head cheerleader for the US Democats.

I think that's the point of the thread; the US Democrats are liberal leftists.
I'm not a fan of any of the gent's listed but as they are just about the only high profile voices that challenge the left-wing, anti-American, anti-Semitic agenda held by RTE, the Irish Times, George Hook and Matt Cooper they are worth putting up with.

I'm not a fan of any of the gent's listed but as they are just about the only high profile voices that challenge the left-wing, anti-American, anti-Semitic agenda held by RTE, the Irish Times, George Hook and Matt Cooper they are worth putting up with.

I agree. Labeling people as mad just because they hold views you disagree with is in fact, mad. Debate the views, not the view holder.

Are David Quinn, John Waters and Kevin Myers Mad or are they just wind up artists- the truth I feel is somewhere in between!
I don't think Quinn is either mad or a wind-up artist. I usually find his contributions to be quite cogent.

I agree. Labeling people as mad just because they hold views you disagree with is in fact, mad. Debate the views, not the view holder.

You agree with labeling RTE, the Irish Times, George Hook and Matt Cooper as holding a left wing, Anti-American, Anti-semetic agenda though??

You agree with labeling RTE, the Irish Times, George Hook and Matt Cooper as holding a left wing, Anti-American, Anti-semetic agenda though??

In fairness there's a big difference between that and alleging that they're mad :)

OK, maybe I shouldn't have put Matt Cooper in there.

I don't think Quinn is either mad or a wind-up artist. I usually find his contributions to be quite cogent.

I find Quinn's views and apologies for a dogmatic institution like the Catholic Church hard to stomach, Waters on the other hand is lost in a sea of spiritual confusion..Myers if taken seriously and that's a big if seems to just wish we were a Home Rule commonwealth country still attached and swearing loyalty to Her majesty the Royal Highness!

Back