Architect for extension in South Dublin

K

kjr

Can anyone recommend a architect for a house extension . There are many out there but I dont have any personal referrals so keen to hear from others with good experience that can recommend one.

Tks

Sorry, haven't used an architect since buying my house quite a while ago now. But if I were interested in finding one, I would look at houses I liked that were built or extended in recent years, look up the planning applications and find out who the architects were.

For example, if you are in Dun Laoghaire / Rathdown, you could click , type in the road name in the location box and see if you can find a particular house that the design interests you. You can click through Documents --> View Documents --> Plans/Elevations/Sections and normally the details of the architect can be found on the plans.

Sorry, haven't used an architect since buying my house quite a while ago now. But if I were interested in finding one, I would look at houses I liked that were built or extended in recent years, look up the planning applications and find out who the architects were.

For example, if you are in Dun Laoghaire / Rathdown, you could click , type in the road name in the location box and see if you can find a particular house that the design interests you. You can click through Documents --> View Documents --> Plans/Elevations/Sections and normally the details of the architect can be found on the plans.

That's a super tip!

To take this a stage further you could drop a note into the house in question and say that you like the design and would they mind discussing the architect. I did this and the owner rang me and gave me a blow by blow account of the whole build. He even gave me a break down of all costs, what the extras were etc. Very worthwhile

John and Francesca Ryan in Belgrave Rd., Monkstown 01 284 5274 ......... have a chat with them. They did a super job in a friend's house some while back.

Can anyone recommend a architect for a house extension . There are many out there but I dont have any personal referrals so keen to hear from others with good experience that can recommend one.

Tks

I have recently got an extension and used the architect Patrick Lynch. I have attached link below.
He is currently doing an extension in Dundrum which I think is close to completetion, so if you were interested you could drop up to see his work. He also charges a set fee and not a % of the building costs.

http://www.lyncharchitects.ie/

Back