Aquaboard for Shower

Thirsty

It goes by a few different names but its basically a waterproof panelling for showers & bathrooms instead of tiling.

I'm considering using it in a rental property, wondering if anyone has experience of it?

I have used Grosfillex in two showers, I like it but for a rental I think that particular brand might not be the best as it can be damaged relatively easily, fine if you are being careful and in all the years I have it I've never damaged it but it has a hollow core so a jab with anything sharpish can crack it.

I think there are more solid panels that might be better, they were more expensive at the time though and I was happy enough with the Grosfillex.

Thanks for that. I was thinking that it might be less inclined to get mould & be easier to replace? Re-tiling is a pain.

Tiling is an absolute pain, I did one shower enclosure from new, built the stud walls etc and fitted the grosfillex, the other was an already tiled enclosure, I took off the tiles but I'd say it could have been done over them no problem with the right adhesive. It was a small shower so I didn't want to make it smaller by putting over tiles.

No evidence of mould or anything although as usual where you use sealant around the edges etc it does discolour a bit but no grout to worry about! It's quite easy to use once you get into the swing of it and now comes in some lovely colours/finishes, I went for fairly basic white/grey marble stuff at the time as there wasn't as much of a selection. I used it recently again for a ceiling actually and there is now huge choice.

I used [broken link removed] or something similar. I bought them from a builder supplier on the Greenhills Road. they will tell you where they supply them. Great for showers. You just have a window water scraper handy and clean off all excess water when finished. If you don't then you need some elbow grease but still clean quickly. no dirt in the grout which requires a toothbrush to scrub it clean.

Back