Apt Management Co's and having a pet - does anyone know?

I had a case recently where the owner above my apartment installed a wooden floor and despite warning him against court action, it went to Court, he lost and it cost him about €120,000. His fees, my fees, my expert fees, the MC legal fees, new carpets, my loss of rent etc.The terms of a lease are the laws relevant to the development whether it is trivial or not.

I have heard of a few similar stories.

To be honest, I wouldn't buy an apartment in a development which didn't have a "no pets" rule. I am an absolute animal lover so that's not the problem. However, nothing would annoy (or upset) me more than having a dog bark all day because they were restricted.

As for snakes etc. They're never going to annoy you - however, if someone else's cat found a cosy corner on my balcony and resided there all day, i wouldn't be happy.

The rules are rules for a reason. One of of things I'm looking forward to most when we can afford to trade up is getting a dog but you would want to have very understanding neighbours to risk bringing a pet in. To be honest, it would be very upsetting having to get rid of your pet if neighbours started complaining.

Back