Appointment for PSC

dubdub123

Im trying to arrange an appointment for my 16 year old to get a Public Services Card.

I emailed one Intreo office and they said they will get back to me and there's approx an 8 week wait list.

Is there any central system that i can use to book? Or any office in dublin/kildare/meath where he'd get a slot easier? I dont mind travelling to get it sorted out for him. Thanks

There is no central booking facility, each office manages their own queues and bookings.
People applying are asked to contact their local Intreo office.
Here is a list of offices, no harm seeing if any can get your son processed faster.

Online services are only available for renewals, not for first applications.

There is no central booking facility, each office manages their own queues and bookings.
People applying are asked to contact their local Intreo office.
Here is a list of offices, no harm seeing if any can get your son processed faster.

Online services are only available for renewals, not for first applications.
Ok thank you. Im qondering if i can check online to book a slot in an office. Not sure if i just need to email various offices to check with each one.

Hi. Where are you based? I know Cork City do a walk in service. I'd imagine you'd need to get there early but I could be wrong. If you email them they'll tell you what you need to bring.

Hi. Where are you based? I know Cork City do a walk in service. I'd imagine you'd need to get there early but I could be wrong. If you email them they'll tell you what you need to bring.

Thanks, Im in Dublin but willing to travel to a nearby county.
Finding it difficult to find out if there's any walk in services

You could email a few on the one email and ask them to reply if they do walk ins. Gov.ie should have a list so you could just pick the ones you could travel to.

I went along to the cork office with my kid 2 years ago when she had an appointment and I chanced my arm to see if they would do mine too at the same time. Couldn’t have been nicer, not a problem, and very fast. Maybe walk in with all your paperwork to your local office on a midweek early morning and see how you go.

Still waiting for an appointment from local Intreo office (7 weeks after initial email).. just emailed them again to see if they have any slots coming up..

Has anyone any idea if other offices may be faster to respond? Dublin or surrounding areas..

@dubsub123 - seeing a similar response from offices in west Cork. Rang a few places and was told from one office "we are not doing PSC applications at the moment as we have other work to prioritise - ring us back in a week".

As above, gov.ie will list local offices to you & should detail any walk in service. Documentation covered here.

From the website, I see this one does walk ins...

Intreo Centre Dun Laoghaire* 18-21 Cumberland Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin 0818 405060 [email protected] *Accepting walk-ins from 9.15am to 2.45pm

@dubsub123 - seeing a similar response from offices in west Cork. Rang a few places and was told from one office "we are not doing PSC applications at the moment as we have other work to prioritise - ring us back in a week".

As above, gov.ie will list local offices to you & should detail any walk in service. Documentation covered here.

From the website, I see this one does walk ins...

Intreo Centre Dun Laoghaire*18-21 Cumberland Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin0818 405060[email protected] *Accepting walk-ins from 9.15am to 2.45pm
Great thank you, I'll check with them

Hi DubDub,
I walked in to the Intreo Offices at Abbey Court House in Cork last Friday at14:00, no appointment.
Was out by 15:00 and the new PSC Card should arrive by post in 10 days.
They need an I.D. (Passport or Birth Certificate etc) and 'Proof of address'.
Might be worth a quick trip to Cork!

Good news! I was contacted and my son was offered a cancellation slot, which I readily accepted! Delighted to get this

Quick question, just filling in the form with my son before appointment and its requesting phone number and email.
While he's constantly on the phone he never reads text messages.. should i submit mine? Or will this info be used later for mygov? Dont want to mess it up now for the future

Use your phone number and email until he is old enough to look after himself. They can be changed. Bring both the passport and the birth cert. They are doing other checks on ID while you are there. When I did mine he was linking me to my husband and daughter, he said something like I can see your husband in the system…. Can’t recall exactly what he said, but he took only 2 pieces of ID from me.

Back