Applying for a ROS Access Number (RAN)

wanderer

I need to apply for a RAN prior to applying for a digital certificate however i am confused as to what "Tax Type/Approval No" to select and to provide.

I am applying for this in my own personal capacity. Am not a company owner/director etc.

It depends but for many people it's probably "income tax" + "PPS".

If you're trying to do this by Thursday you're cutting it very close, it normally takes about a week or two to sort out passwords and certificates.

It depends but for many people it's probably "income tax" + "PPS".

If you're trying to do this by Thursday you're cutting it very close, it normally takes about a week or two to sort out passwords and certificates.

Yes, thanks for this.
Thought it would be a simple matter of submitting under the PAYE online system.

But it prevents me from doing so due to the fact that i was a company director for a part of 2013 and was "registered for income tax" according to the system.

So now i have to go through this rigmarole of setting myself up on ROS which won't happen in time.

I am due a tax refund.
If i do a submission next week, there shouldn't be any penalties should there?

Yes, thanks for this.
Thought it would be a simple matter of submitting under the PAYE online system.

But it prevents me from doing so due to the fact that i was a company director for a part of 2013 and was "registered for income tax" according to the system.

So now i have to go through this rigmarole of setting myself up on ROS which won't happen in time.

I am due a tax refund.
If i do a submission next week, there shouldn't be any penalties should there?

From the Revenue site

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/cat/leaflets/it39.html#section12
Surcharges for late filing
An important element of any fixed Pay and File regime is an appropriate sanction for those who do not comply with the Pay and File deadline. In the case of Income Tax, Corporation Tax and Capital Gains Tax this takes the form of a surcharge for the late filing of a return. The surcharge is based on a percentage increase in the total tax payable for the year of assessment. A similar surcharge provision is being introduced for CAT. This is consistent with the objective of bringing CAT into line with other self-assessment taxes.

The surcharge is based on a percentage increase in the total tax payable for the year of assessment, and is subject to a grading of the surcharge by reference to the length of the delay in filing as well as being subject to an overall cap on the level of the surcharge calculated as follows:

A 5% surcharge applies, subject to a maximum of €12,695, where the tax return is delivered within two months of the filing date.
A 10% surcharge, up to a maximum of €63,485, will be applied where the tax return is not delivered within two months of the filing date.
Interest also arises for late payments.

Not sure what the penalty is if you are due a refund, maybe one of the tax advisors/ accountants can tell you.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Back