Applied 12/07/2023. Application now reads COMPLETE

Hi everybody.

I applied for class 2 contributions with the application received 12/07/2023 at HMRC. The response tracker currently states that they are responding to application received on 20/03/2023 and I should receive a response on 24/08/2024.

I checked today and the application is marked as "COMPLETE". I don't know what the result is but it is nice to receive early feed back.

I reckon they had to work through a mountain of applications received in March 2023 prior to the original deadline of 06/04/2023, and that they have cleared that mountain and are now zipping through following months.

Hopefully the process will speed up now for every body.

I'm the opposite. Received my letter 2 months ago, but website says that my application is still In Progress!

Mine took a few months too, but it seems to be progressing. I sent a payment for six years of Class 2 contributions in February, they have not showed on my contribution record yet. Apparently it normally takes 8 weeks, but it is currently taking a lot longer.

I applied back in September but it appeared my registered letter got lost in the post as royal mail tracking showed it disappearing in Heathrow:
1713972737385.png

so I applied again and the tracking the second time has a receipt signature, however now on the gov.uk site it shows i have 2 applications, both in progress:
1713972830745.png

Not received any communication so far - kind of worried I've just confused the matter...
If i check the "Check when you can expect a reply from HMRC" it says "You can expect a reply by 2 November 2024" so a while to wait yet it seems...

Back