Application Form with examples of core competencies

loll

Hi

I am trying to fill out an application form for a job. within the application form are core competencis where you have to give an example where you have used these in your work experience. has anyone any experience of filling these in as it is daunting and i dont know where to start!! thanks

hi loll.. can u be more specific? do you want a list of core competencies u could say you have met? or have u been given a list and they want examples? if its the latter can you list the competencies and you might get a more meaningful response?

its the latter, they are looking for examples in planning orgainising and managing change, quality and customer focus, managing and developing self and others , analysis and decision making. thanks for any help please pm me if you need clearer info thanks !!!

These are now fairly common. The co is just looking for solid examples displaying your skills in these areas. Brainstorm any time you've been involved in anything on the list e.g. setting goals in a dept and helping to achieve them, changing processes/how work is done, setting/maintaining quality standards, training junior staff, motivating staff, influencing others etc. A co won't want you to have changed the world, simple examples will do. It'll probably be followed by a competency-based interview so you'll have most of the hard work done if you brainstorm this properly now. Good luck.

Back