appliances for kitchen

C

corkoniian

I have just bought a house and need to purchase appliances. - washer and dryer, fridge freezer and dishwasher. I havents a clue. I have asked loads of people and at the end of the day people say it doesnt really matter.

Has anyone got advice about good brands ? Or ones to stay away from ? Are there important things i should be looking for ? Such as a repairs service based in ireland etc. I need to purchase in the next 2 to 3 weeks and am afraid I will be talked into buying some thing by a sales person and live to regret it.

Appliances

For larger items, the well-known brands may cost a little more but are generally a better option for durability and support. If you buy a few items in the one dealer you can usually negotiate a good discount.
Siemens/Bosch/Whirlpool are good brands and you have great support centres & warranties.

Check out places like DID Electrical & Roches Stores, but also some smaller local dealers who may have the ability to offer a greater discount.

Power City have the best choice IMO for white goods. At least they have a huge outlet in Dublin. Although I'm not sure about Cork (which is where I'm guessing you're from)?

Again, up in Dublin, there are discount electrical retailers where brand name goods that are slightly marked are sold at a significant discount. I bought and entire whirlpool double over, hob, and extractor fan for far less than the retail price because they were scratched, even though the scratches were in places that woudn't be seen when installed, underneath of hob, back of oven, top of extractor fan. Maybe there's such an outlet in Cork.

appliances

Of course it matters.
Insist on buying only A-rated appliances, it'll cost more in the end to run B or C rated equipment.

For some centrally located stores:
Hickey's in Maylor St (side street by Roches Stores). They usually have a good selection on display. They also stock Liebherr fridge/freezers - expensive but solid and good.
Flor Griffins behind the Bus Office also has a fair selection, and there is a place on Patrick's Quay, don't know the name, but turn right after crossing Patrick's Bridge and it's before you come to the back entrance of the Metropole.

Back