Applewood Estate Swords

Deliah

Hello All,

Does anyone have any info on the Applewood estate in Swords. I am looking at apartments there and wanted to know if the area is child friendly ie no mad parties and what the local amienities are like. I don't know the area all that well so anything on local pubs restaurants and shops would be appreciated.
Also is it serviced by Dublin Bus?

Thanks

Hi,

I have bought an apartment in Applewood and have friends that live there also. Nice and quiet area but am sure has a share of undesirables like any area but have never seen any.

Serviced by 41C but there are times of the day when the 43 and 41X go past the area also.

You should take a drive out to the village some evening and you can see for yourself what shops/pubs/restaurants are available.

I worked in Applewood for two years and I still live near there, I agree with the earlier poster in that its a quiet estate and seems to be a lot of familes / couples living there. There is a Spar in Applewood and pharmacy so you are good for the essentials, the pub is not bad there either, but I have never een to the resturant. I have to say that I dont think the resturnats are great in Swords, there is a good Indian (Indie Spice)but that's it, but there are a few Italians too. The facilities are improvinghere all the time, especially with the new cinema opening in Swords in a few months time. As regards to the bus, the 41c goes just by the main enterance to Applewood about every 20 minutes and there is also a private bus to Blanchardstown. But it takes about an hour on the 41c, it goes the scenic route around Swords and River Valley! I find in the morningthat it's easy to get the 7.40 41x - I get a seat and get into town in about 40 mins. Hope thats of some help.

Rachs said:
I find in the morningthat it's easy to get the 7.40 41x - I get a seat and get into town in about 40 mins.

Is that when schools are on in winter or during summer months?

I have used the 41X in the winter during college time and the Summer. I think that its easy to get on beacuse there is now a seperate 41X for Glen Ellen / Applewood and another for which goes down the Rathbeale Road.

Back