Applegreen/Dunnes Stores Rewards.

IsleOfMan

Frequent Poster
I joined up to Applegreen's rewards. So whenever I bought petrol I handed in my card and I assumed I was receiving reward points. Every so often I would get an email telling me that I had so many points. I notice however that my points do not seem to be accumulating. Anybody else notice this?

The other day I received an email from Applegreen telling me that they are scrapping their existing rewards and introducing some new type of rewards system. I decided to have a look to see what I could spend my reward points on. Absolutely nothing of interest. They must have the worst offerings of items on which to spend rewards.

I can't even buy petrol, a cup of coffee, a cake, car wash etc......

Yesterday I bought my petrol in Circle K and felt good about it.

Incidentally I also stopped using my Dunnes Stores €10 off per €50 spend and went back to shopping in different supermarkets....and I am enjoying the experience...

Anyone else?

mathepac

Frequent Poster
I don't buy AppleGreen diesel anymore. I do shop in Dunnes and get points and the €10 off vouchers at the till. The points got me €5 in cash off vouchers in the post. A recent shop of €72 cost me €57, which is pretty good value as I'm careful what I buy.

lukegriffen

Frequent Poster
I found that in SuperValu if my bill was about 30euro, I'd then top up with 2 bottles of wine to get 10e off 50..but I found that if there's wine in the house I just drink it so I'd end up drinking more than I normally would! So I've stopped doing that.. super valu used to do 5e off 30 or 8e off 40 & that was much better for me.

Cervelo

Frequent Poster
Incidentally I also stopped using my Dunnes Stores €10 off per €50 spend and went back to shopping in different supermarkets....and I am enjoying the experience...
You may be enjoying the experience of shopping in the other supermarkets but is it costing you more ??

llgon

Frequent Poster
I used my Applegreen rewards to get vouchers off my Airtricity bill, when I recently switched to them. Had €40 worth accumulated over the past 2-3 years so was happy enough with that.

The reason your points probably didn't accumulate much is because of Applegreen's policy of using all your points to send out a €5 voucher before Christmas, regardless of how many points you had. This was unsolicited and you had to post the voucher back if you wanted to keep your points.

niceoneted

Frequent Poster
I recently switched to shopping on line and getting it delivered. I am finding in the few weeks that I have been doing it that I am spending less on the big shop and making less frequent trips to the shops in between. I also am saving 2 hours of my time as we are in the country so to drive to/from and do shop was taking at the least that amount of time. other house hold tasks are being done in that time. I'll give it a few months and see if we are making an overall saving.

Bronco Lane

Frequent Poster
I find with the €10 off the €50 spend I am always struggling to spend the last €10 to €15 of my €50 spend. I have presses full of alcohol that I don't usually drink. Toilet rolls, bleach, washing up liquids etc are spilling from cupboards. I take a break from time to time and use up what I have before I get involved again.
I agree with the comment about AppleGreen. Awful offers.