appealing social welfare

I did many years ago.

I won. The local SW inspector was very sore for a long time afterwards.

What sort of decision are you appealing?

I appealed a long time ago and won, as far as I remember it meant I got back payments and it was just a week before I was heading to the US to work so it was great to get at the time. The appeal itself was a hearing with an appeals officer in a different place to the normal dole office and I got a fair hearing but it took a few weeks for the decision so I had to rely on family members for income and lived on spaghetti hoops.

I did many years ago.

I won. The local SW inspector was very sore for a long time afterwards.

What sort of decision are you appealing?
means test officer gave most of the details i gave her in a incorrect manner to deciding officer,so was not allowed J.A.i happen to get through to the deciding officer after many calls.when i pointed the inaccurate info she was surprised to say the least.she asked me to send in the info directly to her,and i did.thats the last contact i had with her.i sent away same info to the appeals office just to be sure. ...........my wife income was taken down wrong,i also unregistered as self employed last october to take up direct employment with a company in mid november.this fell through so after no luck getting work i signed on in december 12.my wife take home is 350 p.w . less now after budget. also my income this year was assessed at something ridicolous even though im not self employed any longer. i showed the deregistration letter at means test also.we have 1 home [mortgage 740 p.m ] 1 car now. no kids yet.........commuinity welfare officer said ENTITLED to nothing. i was talking to a woman in the queue at c.w.o clinic and later in aldi she got 3500 to rig out a house with curtains ,washing machine,baby stuff..etc cant understand how this welfare system works

means test officer gave most of the details i gave her in a incorrect manner to deciding officer,so was not allowed J.A.i happen to get through to the deciding officer after many calls.when i pointed the inaccurate info she was surprised to say the least.she asked me to send in the info directly to her,and i did.thats the last contact i had with her.i sent away same info to the appeals office just to be sure. ...........my wife income was taken down wrong,i also unregistered as self employed last october to take up direct employment with a company in mid november.this fell through so after no luck getting work i signed on in december 12.my wife take home is 350 p.w . less now after budget. also my income this year was assessed at something ridicolous even though im not self employed any longer. i showed the deregistration letter at means test also.we have 1 home [mortgage 740 p.m ] 1 car now. no kids yet.........commuinity welfare officer said ENTITLED to nothing. i was talking to a woman in the queue at c.w.o clinic and later in aldi she got 3500 to rig out a house with curtains ,washing machine,baby stuff..etc cant understand how this welfare system works
Can you please use proper punctuation? Your post is very hard to read.

If the decision waas made by the Deciding Officer based on wrong information, then a revised decision will proabbaly be made by the same DO, circumventing the need for appeal. This would be best because the revised decision can be appealed again if you are not happy with it, whereas the appeals decison can't.
Therem should be little delay in a revised decision (provided all info is now supplied and amended) as it's done in Local Office. Best to keep in touch with DO and ask for REVISED decision on the basis of original decision based on wrong info.

sorry for the incorrect punctuation .if you can make sense of what i typed what would your opinion be on it ?............thanks

CWO's seem to have a very blinkered view at times. If a spouse is working at all regardless of income (i.e. it could be a part time job paying €100 a week) you will get nothing from a CWO. It is ironically often better for someone to stop working and they would receive more from a CWO that way.

Caveat
I think the OP means "wife's takes home pay was 350 per week and is now less than that since the Budget".
Am I reading this wrong

CWO's seem to have a very blinkered view at times. If a spouse is working at all regardless of income (i.e. it could be a part time job paying €100 a week) you will get nothing from a CWO. It is ironically often better for someone to stop working and they would receive more from a CWO that way.
i agree with you. it would seem that to work at all you are crucified but make a career of living on welfare and you are as well off if not better off.

Not true. If a person's spouse/partner works more than 29 hours per week, that person will not qualify for SWA, regardless of the total household income.
However, if as in your example, partner works part-time earning €100 per week, then the application can be made for SWA and entitlement is based on a means-test of the household income.

These rules are set out in legislation and regulations.

in fact if we had not got married my wife could claim that single parent thing,get council house with rent paid for by h.s.e and probably get money to fit out the house from c.w.o. meanwhile i could move in when everything is done .wouldnt we have cushy life. oh i forgot, my wife could go back to work while baby is minded and paid for by h.s.e. i might be able to get some cash in hand whilst claiming dole.boy oh boy what a life we could have. but id imagine this would never happen in real life........would it?

Oh it would Tricia, but only in the minds of complete fantatists. :)

Back