Apartments near Spencer Dock

A

aimsheen

Hi,
I'm a first time buyer and am thinking of buying a new one bedroom apartment in one of the recent developments along the quays in Dublin. I was hoping to rent the apartment. Does this sound like a good idea at all? Will it be easy to rent it or are there a lot of new developments in Dublin at the moment which might mean a lot of people with the same idea? I have only recently come back to Ireland so I don't really know much about the whole apartment scene.
Also, do you think that these apartments will increase in value over the coming years? Any advice please!!

Well off the top of my head, if you rent it out you'll be liable to pay investor stamp duty on it.

Also, I believe that one bed apts are quite hard to rent out.

Finally, I don't know how you'd make a decent return on a one bed in Spencer Dock, given the price of them.

Hi,

In this area you should be able to rent out but the mortgage repayments will far exceed the rental you will achieve. Over the last year the growth in prices for apartments has slowed down and will average around 5%. There is a big supply of apartments for sale. From my point of view I prefer to stick with the good owl 3 or 4 bed semi because they are not really building them any more in Dublin so you've got a better chance of it appreciating.

Back