Apartment in Budapest

A

Alice

Hi all,

I bought a property in District V in Budapest over a year ago. It is a classic apartment.

The management company that I appointment have done nothing towards renting it out or advising me on how to furnish the apartment. I understand that some minor repairs are needed and I have to furnish the apartment.

Can anyone recommend a management company or somebody who can do the repairs without ripping me off. I am planning to go over there for a week or so to make sure that the work gets done, but the last time I went over the Management Company just took some money from me and promised alot but didn't follow through.

I don't want to waste my time again.

Has anybody had a similiar experience and what did you do.

Ali

BPI == Budapest Partners Investment ???

:D BPI is an oldie on this forum, posting already for more than one year.
I just think he is just very satified by BPartner's services.

I think the name BPI stands for BudaPestInvest, tout court - but please BPI tell us if I'm wrong.

PS> Never heard back from Lee-m about his BPartner post.
Too much sangria in the plain Spanish sun, Lee?

I will let you know how I get on with Budapest Partner.

Hi all,

I bought a property in District V in Budapest over a year ago.

I understand that some minor repairs are needed and I have to furnish the apartment.

Ali

Sometimes we have the answer to our problems in our own hands!

If repairs were needed, and the apartment is unfurnished, it is no wonder that it's not rented. If your management company advised you of this, and you did nothing, it is you who has been wasting their time and not the other way round, with respect.

If you have a nicely appointed apartment in Dustrict 5 is shouldn't be hard to let it, but renters won't move into an unfurnished place that needs fixing up. Would you?

I agree with auto320, alice. It's your apartment, not the management company's. I'd recommend that you don't skimp on furnishing. There are lots of apartments for rent in the city centre with low or average furniture but hardly any where the owner has put in that bit of extra effort. Hope it works out for you!

hi all

not jump on this thread but has anyone purchased an apartment in the Orient development, the selling agent were Springs International and being built by Home Center. They are not ready till next year but just looking to other people views onthis development. I bought for about €80k for a one bed unit on the third floor over looking a common garden, what rental could i except

Any comments would be great

Cheers
Gino

Hi all,

The Management Company said that they would look after the repairs and that they would take phitographs and email me furniture packages. I went over to Budapest specially to meet them to discuss this and I paid them an initial deposit.

I wouldn't expect anyone to rent an apartment that wasn't in good repair and fully furnished.

Alice, PM me if you'd like. Maybe I can try to find out what the problem is with the management company...

PS> Never heard back from Lee-m about his BPartner post.
Too much sangria in the plain Spanish sun, Lee?

been away for a while.... no worries about the sangria, will replay to you about BP soon.

Alice bear in mind that you are getting closer to the rental season (mid august - end of September) there is big supply of good conditioned, furnished and equipped apartments, I actually went over to make sure all my properties are in good order and ready for the high season, you will need to sort it our ASAP and bring it to a good standard otherwise it is very unlikely that you will find a tenant.
I am working mainly with casaro today and happy with their service, if you would like to PM me and I will give you the name of the contact person I am working with over there

Hi Alice, if you are still in the search for a management company, take a look at Bradley Edwards & Associates too. I work here, (not an agent!! just an administrator) so working here and seeing everything from the inside, I can say that compared with other agents who also only deal with foreign clients, they offer a very reliable service, without ripping clients off. Should you have any queries, just ask me and I try to help.

Hi all,

I contacted Budapestpartner as suggested by bpi and their response has been very good.

So, I am sticking with them for now. I will let you know in a few weeks time how I get on.

Thanks again for all your responses

Gino

I, too, bought from Springs in the Orient. Have you being kept up-to-date on when and how to make the stage payments? There is one due at the beginning of June

Buckets

hi all

not jump on this thread but has anyone purchased an apartment in the Orient development, the selling agent were Springs International and being built by Home Center. They are not ready till next year but just looking to other people views onthis development. I bought for about €80k for a one bed unit on the third floor over looking a common garden, what rental could i except

Any comments would be great

Cheers
Gino
I also bought from Springs International 2 years ago but pulled out when the pricing arrangments changed and the layout of the whole development was revised. None of the original commitments on the purchase agreement were adhered to. Complete disaster to deal with. Has anybody got similar experiences?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not sure how to say what I want to say on this topic without getting into trouble but I have had a very bad experience with a management company mentioned a little earlier in this thread (and know of others who were in the same boat) and would advise anyone to steer well clear.

Iris

Iris That says loads and nothing, If we are to take care please give us a clue. Also of course someone might wish to defend themself.

Plotman,
The last time I gave a clue about a particular management agency in Budapest that I (and others I know of) had a very bad experience with I got a warning from the moderator on this forum. Anyway, the spanish word for house may give you a clue.

iris

Back