anyone using 3's mobile broadband?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in Derrynane in Kerry and have connected to 3 broadband using my mobile and laptop, and the service is excellent, much better than where I live in Dublin. This is a pleasant surprise ( and keeps me sane when it rains without stop!

I'm using it now in D5, I get very good speed most of the time from home, but where I am right now still D5 but 2 miles away is pretty poor generally, even for this site which as no/few graphics etc.

HI Rob30,

what do you mean that you connected to 3 broadband using your mobile and and laptop?
Is this your mobile modem?

Signed up to 3 mobile broadband last April and have had no problems with it.

The reason I switched was that I got rid of the fixed line out of the house as I thought this was robbery.

The performance I am getting from 3 is just as good as I was getting with the fixed line. I don't download films etc, just surf the web, email, buying stuff, booking flights etc, the usual stuff.

Your allowed a 10MB download limit, however for the three bills I have got in so far, I find it a struggle to get up to 2.5MB.

Have used it in Meath, Kildare, Dublin, Longford, Sligo & Leitrim with no problems. The only thing I notice is that down west, you don't get the full bars showing on the reception icon.

HI Rob30,

what do you mean that you connected to 3 broadband using your mobile and and laptop?
Is this your mobile modem?

I have a Nokia N73, and just put the CD that came with it into my lap top, and plug the phone using the cable that came with the phone, into the USB port.

It is brain dead to operate.

I am with 3, on the flex 650 tarrif, so i can download 650 megs within my tarrif before running out. This why I joined 3, as they have much more flexible tariff structure compared to vodafone or o2 ( and meteor seem to run a non 3G service)

I usually dont use mobile broadband on my laptop so getting a special wireless broadband " dongle" has no benefits for me now. ( I did try 3 broandband is glasnevin twice, and had to hand it back twice, as it was terrible).

Long live competition, just would work better if people would vote with their wallets and move networks more readily!

I live in north Cork and I've been using the 3 service since August and it's been great. We have gotten the 3.6Mbps since the start. I have no other way of getting any type of broadband here so I'm very pleased and relieved. That said, I haven't had to ring the helpline yet so haven't really tested the customer service side of things. M
I also live in north Cork and I have 3 broadband since march highest speed was 1.25 mb and that rarely happens. Did you do a broadband speedtest or are you getting that speed from your pc when 3 connects? When I connect 3 on my pc speed comes up as 3.6mb I think thats the speed you are reading go to www.irishisptest.com to find out your real speed. Even with the low speed 3 is fine for my internet use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back