Anyone used Perlico ?

Perlico are just about the worst company out there. I had my broadband down for over a month and they kept saying the problem was with my computer. They charged me for the month even though they knew I could not use it. They are a company that I can say nothing positive about.

I've been using Perlico for phone and Always on Broadband for the last six months, and have no complaints whatsoever! Can always connect to Internet, and speed is excellent. Phone bill is much cheaper than when we were with Eircom too!!

hi
i am a perlico customer, my kids have an awful habit of rining their mobiles from landline to locate their mobiles. as far as i recall there was no charge with eircom when they did this but with perlico 5cent, eventhough they dont answer landline, just lets it ring once or twice,
is this right

Perlico are just about the worst company out there. I had my broadband down for over a month and they kept saying the problem was with my computer. They charged me for the month even though they knew I could not use it. They are a company that I can say nothing positive about.

This actually does sound fair. If there's a problem with your computer it's not their fault.

I used to work in tech support. The problem is pretty much always the users computer, modem or phone line.

Perlico are crap with a capital C . My broadband kept dropping off and tried ringing them on several occassions . They seem to have the following policies with regards to answering a customer call :
  • Don't answer
  • Answer and then talk a little while and then hang up
  • Answer , then put you on hold until you give up and ring again
  • Answer , and make out you have extensive technical knowledge when in actual fact you haven't the foggiest what you are talking about.
They are so crap I have now switched back to Eircom who are the same price anyway.

oh my god Im so glad someone else thinks so Perlico are the worst company I have ever dealt with EVER and they do just hang up when they don't want to talk to you!!! I hate them so am willing to pay extra for less of a headache, anyone any experience with rates and recommendations? thanks

Perlico, stay clear of them. Don't send out bill and charge you extra because you are not telepathic and paid the bill anyway. Will put a block on the phone at the drop of a hat, and don't really care one way or another if you never get to use your phone again.

Stay away from them.

God they didn't send me out bills for 3 months and when I rang they told me my account was 300euros in credit after they accidently debited my account of 1,000euros and recredited it! I get an aggressive phone call today saying that they have put a bar on my phone!!! I am furious and will never use them again. eh they also charge you for your bills, how funny is that! rip off republice or what

Perlico are indeed the worst ever and even having received emails from the Customer Experience Manager- Kathleen Geraghty I am not surprised why their agents are so rude! In any case, I ended up with free phone and calls from the company for 6 months- they backed off when i filed a case with Small Claims Court. So i would definitely advise anyone with similar experiences to do likewise. PM me if you need guidance.

Tel.: 01 293 3500 or email [email protected] (If you ring their locall number you end up at their back end call centre in Waterford- no problem with Waterford- but none of the agents/ supervisors there appear to be able to transfer a call to Dublin!)

Hi

I was with Perlico for 4 months and its was a nightmare.
I signed up and was paying through credit card.
I Live at home with my elderly mother and couldnt use the phone one day.
i rang up and was told i had been cut off due to non payment ( yes cut off straight away, no consideration at all)even though i had paid and it took 48 days to connect up again and they even charged the reconnection fee on my next bill.. i got no apology nothing...

They also overcharged me twice and had to call 20 yes 20 times over 6 week period to get it refund.
I LEFT THEM MY NUMBER BUT THEY NEVER CALL BACK...

They are the worst i have ever come across, dreadful in fact and would not recommend them to anyone..

im with bt and total talk and no problems so far thank got

The list of 'happy' customers at Perlico continues to diminish! But what would you expect from a company that's totally disconnected...

Their 'customer service' is so don't expect them to transfer your 'complaint' to Dublin- they might loose their contract with Perlico if they did! Perlico itself has around 50 employees on its own payroll.

If you have problems with Perlico contact John Markey, Head of Customer Care email: [email protected] as we noted from personal experience their [email protected] appears to be not working most of the time (or they have no staff) P.s. Forget about contacting www.comreg.ie as they have no powers!

so does that mean that the people they have working on their customer care lines don't actually work for perlico?????????? oh my god that is hilarious!!!! shocking, no wonder they just hang up if they dont feel like taking the call. I actually emailed someone whos address I got on here and her manager rang me, not sure now if it was a manager from Perlico or that Dolphin company? anyway they were oh so nice and said oh you should never have been treated like that! funny that it had to go so far before anyone stopped to think there was something wrong with the way they treated customers! anyway I still think I might change company but it's just such a chore looking through the different rates etc, by the way the guy said that he did admit perlico had a problem as they were featured on Joe Duffy but he reckons they have cleaned up their act, ye right!

I have, it was the biggest mistake I ever made. They can't deliver their broadband offering, they are not interested in fixing it and their customer service is appalling. If you are thinking about it - don't do it!!

same boat here.... can't escape for the next few months due "contract" . will be contacting comreg soon and see if there is anything they could do to help me out. signed up for a 3mb broadband but only getting 600/800 kb at most times!!! SIGN UP TO PERLICO IF YOU LIKE TO HAVE MORE PROBLEMS ....

Called up Perlico late november to ask for 3Mb broadband, so rang the number, asked about 3mb, was grand, verified my account and all that, and that was it, less than 5 minutes and it was sorted, it's now 19th of december, still on 1Mb. I know it's coming up to christmas, but the call centre is based in waterford, where I am, so they should have it done quick.

Eitherway, they keep forwarding my bill which is annoying, my bill this month is €213, thats just €137 forwarded from previous bills. all because i cant tell how much I download, stupid broadband usage meter is conveniently out of order. And I'm a heavy broadband user, hence upgrading to 3mb. mainly for the 36GB limit. I kinda wish I stayed with Eircom, but Perlico is great (apart from the broadband side of things) but its just service not speed, i get maxed out speed all day on my 1mb, 115Kbps(transfer speed, 1.05MBps actual) normally, and less than 20ms ping. Oh, btw, dont use the Zyxel router they give you, it's shite, get a Belkin G+ MIMO, 100 times better range and actually speeds up broadband slightly.

Perlico are ok though, just think how bad the broadband services in the UK are. haha

Oh, if you aren't a heavy broadband user but want fast speeds, get 3's mobile broadband, absolutely fantastic range and service from them. Just dont download anything big or go on youtube much.

Back