Anyone use Bidsinfrance

aamstudent

Hi,
I read recently about the above company who help property buyers in the Perpignan area. They sounded good but when I went to their website it seems that they get paid by splitting the sales commission with the estate agent. I would prefer an agency who get paid separately as I think they would give better, impartial advice that way. I am concerned that they have to have purchases to get income so will they tell me the truth about a property if it is going to reduce their income??.
Does anyone have experience with them and what was it like?
Thanks

We are buying a property with them at present. We had previously looked at property in the area with a single agency, but no success. These girls work with a lot of agencies in the area so you get a wider spread and a better choice. we gave them a list of our requirements and they came back with 7 properties that suited. We looked at them all and there was no pressure to buy.They are not estate agents but property finders and charge €200 for their service (which is refunded if you buy). No complaints so far and any queries have been handled quickly and efficiently.

I remember attending a seminar they presented at City west. The issue I remember most was them stating that there was a new tax treaty between Ire & France which covers CGT. This was about two years ago, to the best of my knowledge this was then and still is incorrect there also was one or twoother factual inaccuracies.
So do check the fact they provide you with, as with all estate agents.

I've purchased with Bidsinfrance a couple of years ago and I didn't find them the most helpful or exceptionally professional.

I have used Bidsinfrance on a few occasions and found them to be professional,impartial and very helpful. No hard sell like you will find with most overseas property companies.If you spec out exactly what you are looking for they will generally come up with a number of options and ferry you around in order to see if anything suits.

Thanks to all those who posted replies.
We are going to do our own preliminary investigations first and will decide on whether ot use a property finder later.
Thanks again.

I used Bidsfrance approx 2 years ago and found them great. They showed us 8 apartments ranging in price from 85,000 to 117,000. They helped us open a bank account, directed us to an english speaking notairy, and helped with any questions we had. There was no pressure to buy and they were extremely helpful through the whole process.

The only recommendation I would have is to check the area first. We fell in love with St Cyprien when we saw it and would have only looked at apartments in this area if we had visited first.

Hi Mike

We bought in St Cyprien. We looked in 3 different resorts but the apt in St Cyprien was clean and within walking distance of the beach/shops. Its also a lovely port town with loads of restaurants and shops and lots for the kids to do.

Hi,
They sounded good but when I went to their website it seems that they get paid by splitting the sales commission with the estate agent. I would prefer an agency who get paid separately as I think they would give better, impartial advice that way. I am concerned that they have to have purchases to get income so will they tell me the truth about a property if it is going to reduce their income??.

I made enquiries with this company some time ago. They charge €200 for putting together a portfolio of properties for viewing based on your budget and particular preferences. These properties can be on the books of a variety of agencies so you're not restricted to any single one. Essentially, they perform the same kind of search as that on the programme "A Place in the Sun", albeit for monetary reward.

If you proceed to purchase one of the proerties viewed, the €200 is absorbed into the commission THEY get from the agent for introducing you, the buyer. The purchaser doesn't pay any more than he would have had he gone directly to the agent.

Personally, I think this is a good idea and well worth €200 given the extent ofthe investment being contemplated. However, the QUALITY of the service provided is something that seems to have attracted conflicting opinions and certainly this is something you'd need to bear in mind if going ahead with them.

Worst case scenario, you're down €200 and the cost of a visit to Perpignan. On the other hand, they may just find you exactly what you're looking for without compromising your requirements.

I've no connection with them by the way, but I am contemplating using their services also.

Back