Anyone switching from PTSB to KBC?

Páid

I am aware of the other threads where people are switching from BOI to KBC and from AIB to PTSB.

We're in the process of switching from PTSB to KBC. The LTV is about 30% with 12 years left on the mortgage. We are on 4.5% with PTSB and can get 3.55% with KBC if we move our current account as well as our mortgage. €92,000 left on mortgage and house is worth €275,000.

Before we committed to doing all of the paperwork required by KBC I rang PTSB to ask them if they could offer us a better rate (seeing as they offer 3.7% to new customers). The person I spoke to in PTSB customer service didn't want to know. He just gave us the same line about "not being able to re-negotiate our mortgage contract". We're customers for over twenty years and they didn't want to keep us. I thought they would at least look at our history with the bank and possibly offer us something better than our current rate of 4.5% seeing as our LTV is so low.

By switching we should save about €100 a month and more than €10000 over the lifetime of the mortgage.

Has anyone here successfully moved from PTSB to KBC? Any advice?

Back