Anyone stay in Fira Palace, Barclona

Westie123

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has stayed in the Fira Palace, Barcelona. It seems to be a very nice hotel, but I'm not sure about the location. It is next to the Plaza Espanya. Is it within walking distance of plaza Catalunya/Ramblas area, are there nice restaurants/bars nearby? If anyone has experience of staying in this area of Barcelona I would really appreciate any comments (good or bad) as I need to book accomadation in the next day or so.

thanks in advance.

This is on the hotel website. Taxis are cheap. You can walk to ramblas and lots of restaurants are here.
Distance from the hotel to:

International Airport Barcelona "El Prat": 8 km/15 minutes approximately by car
Central Railway Station "Sants": 1,5 km/6 minutes
Harbour Cruises: 2 km/7 minutes
Bus and Underground Terminal: "Plaza de España": 5 minutes walking
Shopping street: "Creu Coberta": 5 minutes walking
Barcelona beach: 3 km/10 minutes by car

Landmarks close to the hotel:

National Palace
Montjuic Magic Fountains
National Museum of Catalan Art (MNAC) & Romanic Museum
Spanish Village & Fran Daurel Museum
Fundació La Caixa Museum
Mies van der Rohe Pavillion
Miró Museum
Ethnology Museum
Archaeology Museum
Greek Theatre
Theatres: Mercat de les Flors & Teatre Lliure
Olympic Stadium
Montjuïc Castle
Harbour/Colombus Monument
Ramblas
Joan Miró Parc

If it is within walking distance of Placa Catalunya it should be okay. The Ramblas area is terrific for people watching and street entertainment particularly at night. I stayed in the H10 Catalunya Plaza a perfect location right on the square. As soon as you step out the door of the hotel you are at the centre of the action. No need for public transport as it is close to the Gothic area, marina, shopping etc. Enjoy your trip!

Hi Philips,
we stayed in the Fira Palace last March. It's a lovely hotel - couldn't fault it. The immediate area around the hotel is Ok but we thought it got a bit dodgy a few streets away. I wouldn't consider it to be within walking distance of las ramlas though!! But the underground system is excellent in Barcelona and is by far the best way to get around. I would stay in the hotel again if I went and it is right beside the Fontina Magica

Re: Anyone stay in Fira Palace, Barcelona?

Stayed there a couple of years ago. Public areas are very nice, bar very quiet at night, not much doing around the area, good breakfasts. I found the rooms to be quite dated and tired and they could do with a makeover (we were allocated a "non smoking" room which had an overpowering smell of cigars, however we changed rooms).

The rooms are advertised as being the biggest in Barcelona, however bigger is not always better! The rooms we saw didn't bear any resemblance to the ones on the website. Quite a bit from the centre, certainly not walking distance at night. On the plus side, there is easy access to the metro and the bus to the airport is around the corner at Plaza Espanya.

Barcelona is a beautiful, vibrant city. I stayed in the NH Podium on a previous visit. I liked the location of the hotel which is about 10 minutes walking distance to Las Ramblas and the main shopping area. It was about a 3 minute walk from the hotel to the metro station, which gives you access to all the points of interest. I couldn't get a booking there for my last visit but would certainly return. There is a rooftop pool, accommodation was very clean and up to date and they had a lovely breakfast buffet.
¡Tenga vacaciones maravillosas!

Back