anyone selling

lilliesmom

just wondering if any of you are in the process of selling?
How long did it take from sign/ad going up to sale agreed.
Did you have many views?
Did you get your asking price,or how many price drops did you have to endure.
Any info is appreciated,
Lilliesmom

just wondering if any of you are in the process of selling? Yes, my wife and myself
How long did it take from sign/ad going up to sale agreed. Seven weeks
Did you have many views? About 20 or so
Did you get your asking price,or how many price drops did you have to endure. Asking price between (220000 and 230000), Bidding went as follows: 180K, 190K, 195K, 198K, 200K accepted. Asking price had just been dropped by 15K.
Any info is appreciated,
No problem, we were happy enough, because we weren't in negative equity. That having been said, maybe some of the neighbours wouldn't be as the smaller version of our house across the way was sold 3 years ago for 360K and at that time, I remember being told we could get 380K for ours.

Hey thanks for getting back to me.Gosh you done well,7 weeks was good goingthere was a lot of views too,is your property unique?Don't talk me about the price drop tho....
I want to get rid of some buisness loans that are weighing me down but I am not sure if the profit of the sale can carry them and a deposit on a new place.i suppose all we can do is put it up and see how it goes...i won't be selling if I can't afford to do both.do you mind me asking which county your in or what type of property you were selling and what agent did you use.best of luck in your new home by the way

We are in the process of selling. For sale sign went up 10 days ago looking for 225,000 and we have had 8 viewings. Standard 3 bed semi d in Cork. Well maintained and loved home.We have 2 people bidding. First offer was 200, then 210 and now 215. I am delighted as it looks like I won't have to kee it clean for much longer:). I think we were realisitic with our asking price and that people realise that.

hopefully you will get your asking price astragirl where is cork are you based?

yeah, the estate agent said that the reason we went sale agreed was because we were realistic. i do think that the purchaser did well too.
I bought nearly 8 years ago for 190K. spent 25K on extension and renovation. so effectively spent 215K.
So you could say we made a loss of 15K, I suppose. But at the same time, we've had somewhere to live for the last 8 years for 15K.

thanks all,i'm not quite ready to put up the for sale sign,a bit of tiding up work to do first.i hope its not all in vain.looks like houses are still selling well but its all on the buyers side now,best of luck all

asking price - 299k accepted 255k as buyer no chain. Went on market in Nov and was sold in feb. contracts have been signed.
4 bed semi in kildare....about 20km from Dub city centre
was old house...we did no work other de clutter completely.

we went sale agreed last Thursday week in midleton, Cork. Asking price 330,000 got 317,500 for it. 5 bed house. It was on the market since last summer. Had about 25 viewings or so... Bidding went from 285,000 - 290,000 - 305,000 - 307,000 - 310,000 - 315,000 - 317,500... Very pleased with the whole process.

it seems you have to stick to your guns and not jump on the first offer but still be realistic.well done on the sales guys.i feel quiet positive,houses are selling!

Went to sale agreed last Monday in Waterford for €173,000 asking price €185,000 4 bedrooms many extras .

Hey there,
Sold a 3 bed semi in Galway with attic converted - sold for €240K asking price €255k. Was on the market from June - Nov last year 30+ viewings (lots of them 2nd and 3rd viewings). Put back on market last week in Jan and sold the first day it went up - moved into rented house last Friday! It seems the 3/4 bed semi's are selling well (as per our auctioneer) I know of a good few people who have sold in 2010 and quickly too. Its the 4/5 bed detached people that are suffering or so it seems - not First Time Buyer houses so the pent up demand isn't there......
Best of Luck - it can be quite a frustrating process I can tell you!

Back