Anyone see the 20% discount on Aer Lingus site?

wishbone

So Aer Lingus are advertising that they're offering an additional 20% off all fares...you're supposed to see a section entitled Special Offer - Discount on the Price page - next step is VISA details. I can't see it. Anyone else able to?

Haven't got that far yet.

Interestingly, it looks like the discount doesn't apply to flights ex-Belfast and is only one-way - "20% discount applies to fare before taxes and charges. Valid for travel until 30 September. Offer valid for direct flights only orginating from Dublin, Shannon and Cork. Discount fares not eligible for the accrual of Gold Circle Points or on bookings with connecting JetBlue flights."

z

It shows the disount on the final price page before the passenger information page

So Aer Lingus are advertising that they're offering an additional 20% off all fares...you're supposed to see a section entitled Special Offer - Discount on the Price page - next step is VISA details. I can't see it. Anyone else able to?

I have never seen the discount/ special offer prices in the booking sections of their websites that Ryanair or Aer Lingus advice me of in e mails.

I just priced up return flights to Bologna in August and the discount appeared correctly for both legs of the flight - despite their wording above that it only applies to flights originating in Dublin/Cork/Shannon.

Then I priced up a oneway to Bologna and a return from Venice and there was no discount applied to the Venice flight.

z

Would you be bothered with this discount? It is off the flight price but the charges. taxes etc are not included in the reduction.

Would you be bothered with this discount? It is off the flight price but the charges. taxes etc are not included in the reduction.

In fairness, received a stated Euro 400 discount on a Euro 2000 business class one-way flight to the States booked today. Thats after tax , fuel surcharge ,etc added on. Company accountant pleased. Probably.

About to get €100 off a flight to Los Angeles which I was going to book soon anyway...most certainly better than a kick in head!

its not an error, they hiked the prices b4 hand . on saturday i priced cork to faro ,230 euro. i logged in yesterday it was up to 270 euro minus discount brings it back to 230 euro. false advertising as usual by the airlines

Was checking flights to New York last night. Fuel charge €50 each way and now today fuel charge is €65 each way. Thats €30 extra on a return flight. So much for 20% discount.

Was checking flights to New York last night. Fuel charge €50 each way and now today fuel charge is €65 each way. Thats €30 extra on a return flight. So much for 20% discount.

Saw this myself. Absolute trickery. Smoke and mirrors or even smoke and daggers.

I just missed out on an €18 euro saving on flights to Brussels that I booked late last week. :(

Flight prices do seem to change quite often. I've kept an eye on other flights that I booked some time ago and they have gone up, then down and now up again to their most expensive level yet.

its not an error, they hiked the prices b4 hand . on saturday i priced cork to faro ,230 euro. i logged in yesterday it was up to 270 euro minus discount brings it back to 230 euro. false advertising as usual by the airlines

same here. priced flights to lanzarote on monday night before i knew of the sale starting on tuesday. priced them again on tuesday and then even with the 20% discount they were higher. prices were hiked up

Is there not a law stating that prices (before discounting) have to be at the advertised price for about a month before the offer? Trawling through their pages over the years, I generally buy transatlantic flights after checking their prices daily in the preceding months. Then when they seem 'right' I go for it. Going Dublin/Boston on Labour Day w/e, returning Los Angeles/Dublin two weeks later .......... today it's E1,692 for two. Nothing about the 20%! I'll hold my fire.

Same here.
Exact same Flights to New York that i priced last week are actually more expensive now - with the discount.

A sham.

Of course it's not just the fact that the 20% discount has generated more bookings and therefore the prices have actually gone up the way they always do when more seats are booked on a flight.

There always has to be some sort of conspiracy :rolleyes:

Back