Anyone know what a UP12 checklist is for Jobseekers Benefit

3114Jam

Hi, OH has signed on last week, payments have been processed and he received a letter confirming his claim was being paid.
While he was completing the application with the officer last week, he was given a letter with his name / PPS and a date/time/hatch number that he had to return to the welfare office which is next week.
The first line of the letter states ' I have been provided with a checklist (Form UP12) and will bring the relevant documents with me'
It also goes on to state, if you don't bring the relevant documents, it is presumed you no longer wish to proceed with the claim.
He has no idea what the checklist was about and wasn't given one.
When he was making his appointment, he was given a list of documents he needed to bring with him to the appointment eg redundancy letter, P45, photo/address ID etc.
He can't get through to the office and we live too far away to travel to is before his next appointment.
This is his first time signing on, I feel he was a bit of a deer in headlights last week and it didn't help me giving him the 3rd degree about why he signed something saying he got something he didn't get ;););)
Anyone any ideas what it might be?

The appointment letter which lists the documents to bring should have an internal reference number in the bottom right - does it say UP12?

The list of documents to bring that he was given first time around is the "relevant documents" referred to on UP12 forms.

The appointment letter which lists the documents to bring should have an internal reference number in the bottom right - does it say UP12?

The list of documents to bring that he was given first time around is the "relevant documents" referred to on UP12 forms.

He didn’t bring back that appointment letter, the officer kept that letter that had the list of documents required.

We’re thinking as his application is processed already and paying him that he’s supplied all his documents.

Back