anyone know of a good cheap hairdresser?

L

laydee76

Hello - can anyone suggest a cheap (but good) hairdressers in Dublin? I am in desperate need of a cut and colour and cant afford the prices that the main places charge?!!

Thanks a mill

you could try one of the chinese ones - one on bachelor's walk that I know.

might try it myself, decided to depart from my usual house of colour to try peter mark in mary st spurred on by their 20% off offer. half head of highlights I though would be aorund 100 euro which is what house of colour charges. 192 euro! (and that was with the discount). I was not impressed to discover that they had actually charged for a full head on below shoulder length hair. My hair is so short at the back it is razor cut and highlights can't be put into it past the crown. I stood my ground and got 60 euro refunded. Even so, not impressed!

you could try one of the chinese ones - one on bachelor's walk that I know.

might try it myself, decided to depart from my usual house of colour to try peter mark in mary st spurred on by their 20% off offer. half head of highlights I though would be aorund 100 euro which is what house of colour charges. 192 euro! (and that was with the discount). I was not impressed to discover that they had actually charged for a full head on below shoulder length hair. My hair is so short at the back it is razor cut and highlights can't be put into it past the crown. I stood my ground and got 60 euro refunded. Even so, not impressed!

Well done for standing your ground! :)

192 Euro sounds way OTT for the work you had done

Why don't people agree on a price beforehand? Surely that would make more sense that having to argue over the costs afterwards?

received this in breakfast bargain email from newstalk

Hair Guide in Ralph Square in Leixlip opposite AIB Bank off Main Street have realistic prices. Full Head Meche for short hair 45Euros Shoulder hair 55euros Long hair 65 euros Roots 24 euros 26 euros 28 euros Eyebrows 5 euros! Eyebrow colouring 10 euros. The hair washing is the best ever the head is massaged a great relaxing experience! All staff friendly attentive and experienced! A satisified customer.

hey Laydee76, been thinking the same way myself-hairdresser far too dear...there are 2 new Chinese places on Capel st- around 22e for cut wash and blowdry- the places look v. nice- going to try one of them myself-
If you continue down Henry st to Capel st, you turn right onto Capel st and the 2 hairdressers are on the right hand side- they also open late.
A few years ago, a Chinese friend brought me to a place upstairs on Westmoreland st- its near the entrance to that amusement place-Dr Quirks- the cut was brilliant and cheap- I went back a few times but felt a bit intimidated going upstairs to place with only Chinese people...a bit like I was intruding...but I've passed the places on Capel st-they are both at street level and I've seen lots of people in there..
I also saw a place on the Quays-can't remember the name-maybe called Earth?maybe not though...it's on the north Quays between Halfpenny Bridge and Capel st bridge- they have notice in window with cut,wash and blowdry for €35..
It's about time prices were more reasonable!

do you have the phone number for hair guide in leixslip??

sounds too good to be true haha

thanks

There are some Polish hairdressers on Talbot St, I go to one for a cut, it's usually about €18, just as good as the €60 cuts I've had in other places.

You know the user on here called SamanthaJane is a mobile hairdresser? Shes in the UK for four weeks but perhaps you could pm her and ask for a price?

Ella, 199 Crumlin Road, 4559933 - do a fantastic wash and blow dry for E16.00. Had cut, root colour and wash and blow yesterday E55. They are all very good stylists - place itself not too glamorous but great value for money. Its not completely on main road - behind pharmacy down from AIB.

thanks everyone for your help here - as I live in Leixlip will pop down to the place in Ralph Square and get a price - have seen the Peter Marks offer but bit concerned about going there as they always put add ons to their prices so whilst they quoted me EUR80 for a restyle and colour am not sure I believe them - especially after the comment on here!

If I find a good priced place or person will promise to let you all know!

I have two friends who went to the recently opened Chinese Hair and Beauty Salon on Capel Street - it's called IS Organic I think, and they just raved about it. They said the girls there were just lovely and the cut fantastic - better than what they paid for in more expensive salons. The interior is meant to be nice as well. It cost them 20 euro each for a cut and blow dry. Apparently they are trying very hard to compete with other salons in the area and that's why the prices are so low. They keep pushing me to try it out, but as I don't need a hair cut just yet, I haven't got around to it. But I will definately be trying it out. Might start with a trim and go for something more adventurous after that.

Has anone got a phone number for the chinese place on Caple Street please? Would like to try it out.

Has anone got a phone number for the chinese place on Caple Street please? Would like to try it out.

i went to the chinese hair place on capel street...there actually malysian and really really nice and friendly. i got a was cut and blowdry for €30- it said 20euro but because i got a style in it they charged extra, wish they would have told me this but i loved it so i didnt mind at all...still amazing value!!

the place is called IS Organic and impossible to miss on capel street number is 01-8783068 or 086-3389339 they also have a beauty salon in there.

sharon cut my hair.

I tried to make an appointment with House of Colour today for a blow dry - no answer to phone, and as I was left waiting 20 minutes last time wasn't that happy anyway. So popped in on spec to Hair Inc on Bachelors Walk where a very nice lady did a great wash and blow dry as a walk-in for €10 and in 14 minutes! Very satisfied! Phone is 8748008

Hi guys, i find it very hard to blowdry my own hair so i get it done regularly ( actually less regularly in this current climate )...does anyone know anywhere for a cheap blowdry around Dub west?

Let me know if you find somewhere. I was going to get a blow dry as a treat recently, but I was amazed to see a price of €26 !! I was expecting about €12 to €15. My hubby went & got his washed, cut, dried for €14 in the city centre

saw advert the other day,cut and colour,bring a friend and get your hair done half price. top of boghall rd in bray.opposit traffic lights.

I went to Peter Marks the other day with a friend. We both got a wash cut and dry and paid........ €43 each.

Ha I nearly cried.

They took about 8" off my hair alright, and about 3" off my friends, but we were in and out in 45 minutes.

Back