Anyone interested in talking about their finances on Today with Pat Kenny?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I do a weekly Money Stories slot on Today with Pat Kenny on RTE Radio 1 and I am looking for interseting stories.

It is based on real-life personal financial stories as distinct from speaking about finanical issues generally. We record a short interview with someone about their financial problem and use this interview to discuss the problem generally and what people should do about it.

Interesting stories might be:
Being made redundant, what do I need to do?
I can't afford my mortgage repayments?
Splitting up - what do we do about the house?
Starting a new business - are we mad?
How do I close down a business without wrecking my credit rating?
I live in a big house with a low mortgage but I have no income?
Is this a good time to trade up? How do I go about it?

The participants can remain anonymous, but they would be required to record a short piece for the show.

Send me a PM or email me at [email protected] if you would like to participate or if you know someone who might do so.

Brendan, as you are aware of my investment products debacles, would my stories be of any interest to you, especially as a guide to others.

Mercman

When is the next slot Brendan, do you have a weekly slot?

Possibly, it would be worth following up with your participants in six months time or even 12 months.
See how they get on.
And if they didn't follow the expert advice then why they their situation hasn't gone well.
If they did follow the advice, how they have improved

Is there a link to the website to hear the program again similar to the telly ? Can't seem to dig it up but I probably need the actual name of the show to get it ?

When is the next one Brendan?
you have me hooked on finances now :)
I will be interested to hear other peoples stories apart from mine!!

[broken link removed] Starts at 0.10.50 Subject has big negative equity and wants to trade up

Wed 14 July
This week we were looking at the impact of losing your job, when you are already on a low income and how to deal with the banks and credit card companies when you can’t pay them.

21 July
[broken link removed]
Jack the taxi driver with a sub-prime mortgage

28 July
Features Kate who is unemployed and has a €580k mortgage. Ulster Bank suggested switching her from a fixed rate of 5% to a tracker rate of 1.1% above ECB

4 August
Features Triona and Brian who are asking if now is a good time to trade up.

Great Brendan - excellent listening.

the last one currently applies to me.

Wed 25th August is [broken link removed] Starts at 40 Minutes 33 seconds

It deals with a teacher who wants to retire early but has a large mortgage.

I am always looking for new topics, so anyone who wants to discuss the economics of having kids, step right up... (Have to admit, it's not my area of expertise though)

Back