Anyone interested in serving on the board of the PRTB?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
The Minister for the Environment has called for expressions of interest from people to fill two vacancies. I think that this would be a good opportunity for people who have been very critical of the board on askaboutmoney to do something about it.

I think the board could benefit from a small or reluctant landlord.

http://www.environ.ie/en/AboutUs/Recruitment/#d.en.129

Closing date 12 August.

Private Residential Tenancies Board

The PRTB was established under the Residential Tenancies Act 2004 in September 2004 to operate a national tenancy registration system and to resolve disputes between landlords and tenants in the private rented residential sector. As part of its remit, the PRTB also provides policy advice to the Minister on the private rented sector. The PRTB dispute resolution service replaced the Courts in relation to the majority of landlord and tenant disputes.

Skills and competencies required include corporate management & governance, strategic planning, information and communications technology (ICT), financial planning, accountancy, legal, barristry, communication, and public relations and media skills.

Further information about the PRTB (external link)

Are those jobs not government appointees? Or a pretend ad for a job but it will be filled already but they have to go through the motions of advertising. Cynic in me.

The idea of a reluctant landlord, not sure about that, as long as it's balanced between tenant's and landlords would be important. Personally think the PRTB is desperate. But getting a bit better. Judgements seem fair. Still a problem with the fact that it's nearly impossible to evict non paying tenants.

Back