anyone in Carlow/Kilkenny region be it town or rural trying to sell property?

Hi sal92,

Thanks for your comments. Yes have spoke to local agents and there are 3 to 4 house near me in my price bracket and none are selling, no viewings - we are all in the one boat. I know what you say about being emotionally attached, I was just a bit on the defensive with davidoco - found him a bit hurtful to say the least. Alot of the viewers had nothing negative to say about the property obviously price is a big issue and affordability - buyers are waiting to see what happens. Some people on this thread have said they sold after 7 to 8 weeks - great for them. Any of the houses at the upper end and I'm not saying these ones weren't are not moving certainly not in an 8 to 10 mile radius of where I live. They are all fine homes but the majority of people don't want to trade up at the moment. I thank you all for your comments be they supportive or not, I take on board and learn from these. I don't think I am alone in not selling the house in x amount of time - even if I were to reduce by E200,000 at the present moment there is too much uncertainty. Thankfully I'm not desparate to move and if needs be have absolutely no problem staying where I am for 5 years or so. To build another house and start from scratch it has to be viable.

Again thanks for comments and I'll end it here before the discussion gets to heated on house prices.

Angela 59

"Thanks for your comments. Yes have spoke to local agents and there are 3 to 4 house near me in my price bracket and none are selling, no viewings - we are all in the one boat. I know what you say about being emotionally attached, I was just a bit on the defensive with davidoco - found him a bit hurtful to say the least."

Angela - there is a tendancy here among some posters to gloat when somebody says they can't sell their house. Ignore the gloating.

I'm not saying (as you've said yourself) that you should only take the positives on board. Just ignore the doom merchants!

I m no expert on finishing a house but i could become one with 200k.
i was in your shoes earlier this year and i know what its like. if you wish to ignore every post bar the it's all rosy in the garden comments then there is an ignore option attached to my username.

Did I miss something, it the 200K only for finishing off the new build- I thought this was building the house?

"tarmac, electronic gates, grass, shrubs, trees, kitchen, floors, tiles - addition of sunroom, underfloor heating, cedar decking, kitchens "

In my opinion these things, which I would love, would not convince me to part with an extra 200K on a house.... I do know they are expensive to put in but it's hard to get the value back on them. When I look at property I do not look at those things, (neither for investment or home) I look at location, size of rooms etc and what I need to do to bring it to the standard I like, it's a bonus of course it the property is already high spec. On the other hand if I'd spent large sums on making the house perfect I'd find it very hard to leave just to move a short distance away.

Back