Anyone having a problem with ROS?

Barney Magoo

The deadline is rapidly approaching again for the annual return. I have been preparing my files as usual at this time of year. Out of the blue I received an automated email last night to tell me to renew my ROS certificate as I hadn't done this since March this year (?).

When I tried to do this first thing this morning it tells me that I can't log on because the cert is expired. The only option seems to be to reregister for a new RAN then wait for new set-up on their system.
I have used the system for the past few years without a hitch and generally only logon when I prepare and lodge my return. I don't recall having to renew my ROS cert before, and definitely not so close to the deadline.

Has anyone else had this issue? It seems a strange time to compel people to reregister with the deadline so near.

I got an email on 29/01/10 re the cert expiring on 25/03/10.
Maybe you missed the email?

Thanks Hoagy,
Perhaps I did miss it, but I don't have any record in my email history, and it is unlikely that I deleted it.

Their email yesterday says that 'You are receiving this e-mail as you have not renewed your ROS certificate since the 24th March 2010.' This tells me that I did renew on 24th March.

The date is suspiciously close to yours, but I can't see their usage to mean that I did not renew on 24th.

Anyway, it's my problem, thanks for the comment.
I mentioned it here to make other forum users aware, in case they get a surprise when they log on.

I had the exact same email Barney and was a bit worried.

The system prompted me for a new password, once I did that, a message popped up

Your Digital Certificate has been successfully Renewed

I got the same e-mail as Barney. I went through the login process that evening and was told I had to reregister. I had to apply for the RAN first. As of today, no RAN letter so I rang the ROS helpdesk. The lady I dealth with said it was issued 21st and so she said she would issue the new password letter today (next step in the process).

I am a little worried as I seem to be having trouble with An Post recently. I posted two letters 6th October and they still have not been received. They letters in question only had to travel 1 mile!

I was able to renew my cert even though I had a msg saying the deadline for doing so was last March. Very odd but I'm not complaining.

I had to go thru the setup process again last year. Pain in the arsse but fella in ROS was v helpful to be fair.

Back