Anyone had experience tracing a pension?

Peterus

I am trying to locate an employer pension scheme I contributed to in the early 2000s. I've no idea who the pension administrator was, and the company no longer exists.

According to this 2016 article: https://www.independent.ie/business...ace-a-lost-or-forgotten-pension-35152777.html
Should you hit a brick wall when tracing a pension, contact the Pensions Authority as it keeps a register of company pension schemes.

Sunday Indo Business

Searching https://www.pensionsauthority.ie/ there are no links to pension tracing.

I found two companies offering pension tracing, wondering if anyone has had experience with these companies, they require PII such as Name, DOB & PPS

I am reticent to sharing my information with 3rd parties. I'm looking for guidance based on experience before I contact the above firms.
Thanks in advance!

Are you in touch with any former colleagues?

They should be able to help you identify the administrator.

Brendan

For the avoidance of confusion, the two links above offering a "pensions tracing service" are both links to financial brokers - private businesses, not Government agencies. The Pensions Authority is the State agency. As @GSheehy says above, contact the Pensions Authority with the name of your employer and they should be able to tell you who the scheme administrator is.

For the avoidance of confusion, the two links above offering a "pensions tracing service" are both links to financial brokers - private businesses, not Government agencies. The Pensions Authority is the State agency.
Yup, hence why I was concerned about using them. I contacted the PA, will see if they can provide the info.
Cheers

Yup, hence why I was concerned about using them. I contacted the PA, will see if they can provide the info.
Cheers

As Brendan mentioned, if you're still in contact with former colleagues, they might be able to help. One of them might have done something similar before now.

Back