Anyone experience of Injuries Board timescale?

Monbretia

Does anyone know if the Injuries Board actually get from application to completion in 12 months as they say they do or is it longer?

I'm wondering is the 12 mths more aspirational than realistic, like passport express who say one thing but have weeks of a backlog!

One of my co-workers went though the Injuries Board for an accident that occurred in our work place. 18 months from start to finish for him. This was about 2 years ago, so I do not know if times have improved since then.

The RESPONDENT - usually an insurer, has 3 months in which to consent to the Injuries Board assessing or not. The Injuries Board must then either make an Award or an Authorisation - the permission to go to court, within 9 months.

I'm in the process of a claim thru the IB as a result of being knocked off my bike last July. Like Ravima said, they waited 3 monthss for OP to respond and now I have an appointment with medical assessors later this month. There was an item on the board on SOR yesterday morning which you could probably get on podcast.

I was knocked off my bicycle in Feb 13, insurance company did not consent to IB was settled before court Oct 14 in my favour

I was knocked off my bicycle in Feb 13, insurance company did not consent to IB was settled before court Oct 14 in my favour

I thought the insurers are obliged to go thru IB? Did you find the court option worthwhile? The chairman of the IB said that the book of quantum hasn't been updated in yrs which I imagine is sending lots of people to the courts.

I thought the insurers are obliged to go thru IB? Did you find the court option worthwhile? The chairman of the IB said that the book of quantum hasn't been updated in yrs which I imagine is sending lots of people to the courts.

Insurers don't have to deal with a claim through IB if they don't want to, in my case they were denying liability so didn't consent to the IB assessment of damages but when the court date was settled they were very quick to accept liability. I think the insurance company made a mistake and I would be of the opinion my claim ended up being twice what it should have been if they had let the IB assess my damages

Back